Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 12-12-2014, 08:47 PM

Default Re: MBox Pro, Win 7 - 10.3.6 and 11.0.0 - playback engine does not support sample rat

Bill, I wonder if that applies to an audio interface that you're also using for MIDI..

In any case, I'm not using MIDI currently, so lowlights' method does solve that playback engine problem for me.

I also created a couple of batch files to automate the process of stopping the relevant Windows Audio Services to run Pro Tools, and restarting them after I'm done with PT:

1. A batch file called "ProTools.bat" stops the two Windows Audio Services lowlights mentions, and calls the Pro Tools executable file:

Code:
@ECHO OFF

REM Stop the two Windows Audio Services:
net stop audiosrv /y
net stop AudioEndpointBuilder /y

REM Run Pro Tools: 
start /b "" "C:\Program Files\Avid\Pro Tools\ProTools.exe"
Obviously, if your path to the Pro Tools executable is different than mine, you'll have to use the correct path for you. I saved this .bat file to the My Documents folder in Windows 7. I then created a shortcut for this batch file on the Desktop, and changed the option to run it as Administrator. (right-click, Properties, Shortcut tab, Advanced options, "Run as Administrator" checkbox) Note that you can't change the batch file directly to run it as Administrator- you've got to change a shortcut to the batch file.

2. A batch file to re-start the two Windows services after I exit Pro Tools. I named this one "Audio-Start.bat":

Code:
REM Restart the two Windows Audio Services when we're done with Pro Tools:

net start audiosrv /y
net start AudioEndpointBuilder /y
Similarly to the first batch file, I saved this to the My Documents folder, and created a shortcut to it on the Desktop. I then went in and changed the shortcut to run it as Administrator.

Running these shortcuts is easier than manually going into Services and stopping/starting the relevant Windows services. Hope this is useful.

--Doug