Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2000, 06:10 PM

Default workstation/furniture?

I'll be upgrading to PT 5, and I'm looking everywhere to find just the workstation I need...I've seen them at a few places here in LA, but never looked/asked to see who makes them. They are really low-profile "carts" on casters, with provision for a monitor and keyboard, seemingly form-fitted to accept a Mac Extended QWERTY keyboard, and a well to the right of the keyboard for a trackball. I don't recall if they have provision for a CPU at the bottom. You can roll them around pretty easily. Anyone know who makes these things? They're terribly cool, and just what I need. Please email a response to [email protected] (in addition to a reply to all), as I don't come here too often. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Old 03-11-2000, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Default Re: workstation/furniture?

There are several companies that build consoles for Pro Tools setups. From our Partners section, under Peripherals:

Argosy
http://www.digidesign.com/part/pages..._consoles.html

Omnirax-
http://www.digidesign.com/part/pages...ax_codaex.html

Sound Construction & Supply Inc.
DigiStation-
http://www.digidesign.com/part/pages...on_isobox.html

Be sure and click on the links on the Partners page to the company website for information on their complete line of products.

another modular rolling desk for computer workstations in general that comes to mind that you might be thinking of is the AnthroCart- www.anthro.com

All of these companies offer custom configurations.

Check with your Pro Tools dealer, since many of them also handle these products.
------------------
Bruce Paine
eMarketing

[This message has been edited by Digidesign (edited March 11, 2000).]
Old 03-15-2000, 07:40 PM

Default Re: workstation/furniture?

The cart idea. Putting my order in tomorrow. One company stands alone. They are an 'Educational Supplier' but you can also purchase individually. No sales tax either. BCS 1-800 544 3472

The cart I like is the MTT2 mobile computer terminal. A five legged wheeled base (like the studer A77 remote control) with a rotating stand for monitor and keyboard (key height adjustment). $145 Cool.

The second cart is extremely flexible and has provisions for the cpu and printer (a bottom shelf). This unit's height is easily adjustable with a pneumatic lever. On castors. Very cool. (Also room for CDR burner and Orb drive on either side of monitor) Hi-Lo workstation item# HILO $189

Dragging the monitor around seems practical. For me leaving the USB and OO1 cables, video, and CPU stable. There may be room for two monitors on the HILO. Check with other models. Many are designed for dual stations. GoodWorks hunting....