Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2014, 01:20 PM

Default Route both XLR and Rig to digital output (L/R)

Hi,

Is it possible to use the Eleven Rack as a 2 input pre-amp, using digital output to an audio interface? That is to say, is there a way in the Eleven rack to send the Rig output (mono) to the left and the XLR input to the right, in the same way that you can get the wet and dry signals from the Rig left and right?

I have been searching on the web and on the Eleven Rack documentation about this for a while, and I understood that this is not possible.

If you confirm, do you know where I could suggest Avid to add this functionality in a future version of the Eleven Rack? I think it is very handy for people like me who have a limited amount of inputs on there interface, then buying the Eleven Rack adds a wonderful guitar amp-emulation, but also 2 inputs more (if the digital input on the main audio interface is not already in use).

Thank you in advance,

Simon
Old 09-25-2014, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Route both XLR and Rig to digital output (L/R)

As you have worked out for yourself you cannot do this. The only way is if the Eleven Rack is connected to a DAW then you can route anthing you want out the digital outputs.

The core team responsible for the Eleven Rack has long since left Avid, I'd not hold any hope of major new features and even then I'd see this ranked well below what a lot of other folks would want as new features. And small stand-alone preamps or pedals are available from lots of sources.