Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2012, 10:30 PM

Default Avid website starts to get redesigned - much better

Avid's website is starting to get a makeover, and I think it looks very nice. Right now it's mainly in the product descriptions, and some aspects of support, hopefully more to follow. Check out how it's all laid out:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/family/Pro-Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Avid website starts to get redesigned - much better

I was just looking at that after seeing the facebook post, and it is very clean lookign with pretty good/clear highlighting of the features. Very well done Avid.

While I like that a lot of the support content is reachable from the main web area. I'm hoping that Avid will do a significant overhaul of the support material and knowledgeable to make important things more obvious for new/confused users (product compatibility, requirements, platform optimizations etc.) and overall everything else just easier to find. e.g. my example there is a new user trying to work out what disk they can use on Windows and Mac systems. How many clicks does it take them to find that info and how confused will they be at the end. And I wish Avid would not bury the link to get help if you are having registration problems in small type at the bottom of the registration page. Put it somewhere really visible, and likewise make it obvious near the top level of the support tree that hardware repair/return don't need an ASC. Again and again users keep having problems with all these things and there is just no reason that should still be happening - it should have been designed out of the Website/support knowledgeable etc. years ago.

Darryl
Old 06-20-2012, 11:06 PM

It is also kind of weird that the HD IO section is missing the main HD interface boxes like the 16x16 etc. and only describes the 1U form factor products, and it shows two Sync HD product entries and some wrong product images....

Darryl
Old 06-21-2012, 12:21 AM

I personally hate these redesigns. Looks good, but it's always hard to find stuff you used to know the location of!

UAD 2 Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt 3, UAD 2 Satellite Octo TB3, UAD 2 Octo PCIe, Avid S1, Neve R6 500 Chasis, Neve Portico 511, Neve Portico 551, Dangerous DBox+, Focal Trio6 Be, Neumann TLM49, Akai MPC 2000XL, Akai MPC X, Mackie 1202VLZ Pro, Akai Advance 61

Pro Tools 2021.12

Mac Pro 7,1 2019, 8 Core, 48GB RAM - MacOS 11.6.2

16" MacBook Pro 2021, M1 Pro, 16GB RAM - MacOS 12.1

27" iMac, Late-2012, 3.4GHz i7, 24GB RAM - MacOS 10.15
Old 06-21-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
It is also kind of weird that the HD IO section is missing the main HD interface boxes like the 16x16 etc. and only describes the 1U form factor products, and it shows two Sync HD product entries and some wrong product images....

Darryl
Well I'm sure such glitches are to be expected when you launch a new re-designed website. No matter how many people look at it before approval some mistakes always slip through. And the more info (or in this case products) you have, the easier it is to miss certain mistakes.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:33 AM

Think you now Mbox?

Anybody else see this...I think it should be "know"...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 06-21-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Think you now Mbox?

Mbox's may have become self aware and it's the beginning of SkyNet.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
Think you now Mbox?
Reported to the web team, thanks!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccanears View Post
Mbox's may have become self aware and it's the beginning of SkyNet.
Hey...if that means I get to spend a night or two with Linda Hamilton (or Claire Danes)...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 06-22-2012, 01:29 AM

I've only spent a few minutes browsing the site and it is much more user friendly. One way or another I always found what I'd been looking for, but now it is easier, more logical.