Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 02:54 PM

Default 7.2 cs2 drag drop wav from browser = unable 2 save

Hi,

I thought this problem of dragging and dropping wav files from the workspace browser was fixed! but today only hours after updating to cs2 i get the problem of not being able to save! "could not save because assertion in volumes....."

First day on cs2 and i've had 3 problems and first crash for 2-3 months

DUY Magic spectrum pro keeps going wildly out of phase.
Echoboy whilst auditioning presets caused a hard crash.
Wavess SSL problems controlling switches from C24
dragging wav from browser and the session can't save

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:03 PM

Default Re: 7.2 cs2 drag drop wav from browser = unable 2 save

When I first had assertions from the drag/drop routine I was advised to trash DigiDatabases on any and all drives on the system. It has served me well even with 7.1cs9...known to have this issue in spades...except ironically for the last day I used it, in which case cs10 worked properly. 7.2cs1 and cs2 have not thrown any assertions at me yet but I do still trash the DBs regularly. Also don't forget to repair permissions and all the other apprently necessary DIGI/OSX 10.4.x housekeeping chores. There are other levels of trashing and lceaning that are mentioned in the DIGI sticky up above out threads and I do believe it's a good thing to perform once in awhile even as preventative maintenance. These suggestions should work for your issue.

THX

Wilson Dyer mpse

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television