Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2023, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Waves making perpetual licences and updates available again. Letter from CEO

Waves plugins are back at Sweetwater.

Guess they decided to go back to exactly how things were before.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-10-2023, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Waves making perpetual licences and updates available again. Letter from CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Guess they decided to go back to exactly how things were before.
Except for upgrades from perpetual licenses. Despite multiple requests for clarification, they're still dodging the question. After 2 weeks... they've had enough time to make a decision on this, so one can only assume the omens aren't looking good....
Old 04-11-2023, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::F-L-E-X:: View Post
Except for upgrades from perpetual licenses. Despite multiple requests for clarification, they're still dodging the question. After 2 weeks... they've had enough time to make a decision on this, so one can only assume the omens aren't looking good....
No reply here, either ...

I’m sure we’re all after a pleasant transmogrification from Waves and I hope they are still considering returning 100% back on track.

Back when we had:
Codes
‘Special Refer a Friend Discount – save an additional 10% off any purchase of plugins and bundles worth $50 or more. Use this code: ’

Waves Update Plan
We could buy from a 3rd-Party Reseller, because it was cheaper, like this:
First login to Waves to see your WUP price - and also get a Waves Code to show 3rd Party Plug-in Vendors to buy your My Waves Update Plan at a discount.
Once purchased, register your WUP with Waves.

PS Waves – thank you for my Second Licenses – much appreciated!
https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...5&postcount=45
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * Studio One Pro 6.6 * Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor
Old 04-11-2023, 09:17 AM

Finally got a meaningful response from Waves :

"While there is not currently an ETA on this availability, Upgrade routes will be available again".

Whether this means they'll be back on a permanent basis (or just flash sales) remains to be seen, but it at least offers some hope...
Old 04-11-2023, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthm View Post
Hold on a second, don't we all hate WUP as well? Now we're happy to get it back?
I always thought WUP was fair. In my experience of using PT/OSX my WUP purchases have happened every two to three years., which I've always felt is fair to get compatibility with new developments (Intel, AAX, etc.).

Waves have to make money, and I've always seen the 'non-required until I need it' of WUP as well worth it. I've really enjoyed that there is no penalty for missing a few years as well.

If Avid went to a WUP-style subscription it would be amazing!

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 04-12-2023, 09:23 AM

Waves Update Plan from 3rd-Party Sellers is back!

First login to Waves to see your WUP price:
https://www.waves.com/login?returnur...es-update-plan
In the Order Summary box, right under the blue ‘Renew Update Plan’ button, click on ‘Buying from a local Dealer?’ to get your Code to buy your ‘My Waves Update Plan’ at a discount from a Dealer (3rd-Party Seller).

Waves Update Plan is back at Plugin Discounts!
Login or join (free) at:
https://plugindiscounts.com/contact/
Provide your Waves Update Code - then wait for your Plugin Discount quote!

2nd Licenses
"Important to Know
eMotion LV1, SuperRack, MultiRack, SoundGrid Rack for VENUE, SoundGrid Studio and all Waves Subscriptions are excluded from the 2nd license benefit. Your 2nd license for a product remains valid only as long as your Waves Update Plan for that product remains current; the 2nd license will expire when your Waves Update Plan for that product expires. The 2nd license is for use by the owner of the main product license only."

See all 2nd license terms & conditions:
https://www.waves.com/legal/waves-up...and-conditions
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * Studio One Pro 6.6 * Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor
Old 04-12-2023, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
If Avid went to a WUP-style subscription it would be amazing!
They do - the perpetual reinstatement is pretty much this.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-12-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Waves Update Plan from 3rd-Party Sellers is back!

First login to Waves to see your WUP price:
https://www.waves.com/login?returnur...es-update-plan
In the Order Summary box, right under the blue ‘Renew Update Plan’ button, click on ‘Buying from a local Dealer?’ to get your Code to buy your ‘My Waves Update Plan’ at a discount from a Dealer (3rd-Party Seller).

Waves Update Plan is back at Plugin Discounts!
Login or join (free) at:
Provide your Waves Update Code - then wait for your Plugin Discount quote!

Almost forgot!:
Plugin Discounts like to match or beat other quotes on items they are currently selling – this policy has been in effect for 17 years - with certain limitations of course, like when others have an exclusive deal, etc.

Compare their price for Waves Plug-ins and Waves Update Plan:
https://plugindiscounts.com/product/wup/

From the above link:
Waves WUP is priced on an individual basis. In order to get your special discounted WUP pricing, you must do the following:
• Go to the Waves Update Plan page at waves.com
• Select the products you want to renew
• Click on “Buying from your local dealer?”
• Send the Waves Update Plan code (GUID) to your email address.

Then, send the GUID code, along with your name and email address to us through the following page:

We will then send you discounted pricing and a link to purchase via email.

Last edited by unkJE; 04-12-2023 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added more details
Old 04-13-2023, 05:54 AM

Yet there are people out there who spend $30 once on a plugin and expect the maintenance updates to be free forever.

Man, no dev could afford to do that!!

I'd like to see Waves introduce one or two mid tier subscriptions where users get to custom select 10-20 plugins, or something along those lines. I believe this would appeal to many of the users where the Essential Bundle doesnt offer enough, but have no need or willingness to pay the expense of the Ultimate bundle.

I suspect this would appeal to alot of the "prosumers" out there.
Old 04-13-2023, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Yet there are people out there who spend $30 once on a plugin and expect the maintenance updates to be free forever.

Man, no dev could afford to do that!!

I'd like to see Waves introduce one or two mid tier subscriptions where users get to custom select 10-20 plugins, or something along those lines. I believe this would appeal to many of the users where the Essential Bundle doesnt offer enough, but have no need or willingness to pay the expense of the Ultimate bundle.

I suspect this would appeal to alot of the "prosumers" out there.
Custom building a plug-in tier would be the ultimate solution to the subscription dilemma. Although, this is kind of what WUP already was/is again.