Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Tracking slips while using Strike

I'm having the problem of my Strike patterns slowly mis-timing with the rest of my song - as soon as I try to do some real time editting the sync between audio and midi goes out of whack - only by a fraction of a second - but the more I try to do on the fly the worse it gets. The problem resolves itself if I click on the time bar or if I do absolutely nothing whilst playing (ie - no scrolling, zooming, timeline tracking, mouse moving... etc), but it's a problem that has only just surfaced after 6 months of perfectly fine operation.

I've recently had to replace some internal components of my iMac w/ 2.33G CPU 2G RAM, but even with this fault it was running fine and without a hitch. Now after a fresh install, and everything up-to-date (check), running the latest appropriate drivers (double-check), changing settings on OS X for best PT performance (triple check), I can't resolve this problem. Maybe i've accidently adjusted another setting without knowing?? Hmmmm....

The only thing I can think of is the switch to using an external HD to run/save audio files (Strike runs off the internal HD), but this external HD is overspec'ed and bought soley for this purpose.

Any advice?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Tracking slips while using Strike

What's your Strike Configuration settings and are you using MIDI Track Offsets?

filosofem