Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 AM

Default Bug!: PT HD9 not recognizing HD Cards or Eleven Rack

I don't want to jump on the PT9 bug bandwagon but this glitch is inconvenient for sure. I like PT HD9...other than the fact that LE won the lottery, HD not so much.

Mac Pro Quad 2.66 XEON...

So the day after after installing PT HD9, my 2 HD cards weren't recognized in the Playback Engine pulldown menu. System Profiler did show them but Mac Sound Prefs did not. After zapping the PRAM(which I haven't done in 3 years), trashing some prefs and reinstalling HD9 they were back again.

Enter Eleven Rack...I've been switching back & forth between the TDM Playback Engine & the Eleven Rack Engine just to check out the performance variations. It's a cool feature.

This morning...Eleven Rack is nowhere to be found in the Playback Engine Menu. Restarted, trashed preferences, plugged, unplugged...nada.

Zapped the PRAM again....Eleven Rack showed back up.

So...in conclusion. PT HD9 is not recognizing my two HD cards and or Eleven Rack at various times.

Any ideas?