Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Default Let the people go!

I tried, really tried to get away from Apple. Spent untold hours reading through gobs of DUC docs, user blogs, Dverb demysitification, white papers and my own gyroglyphic pencil notes. Twenty years I have been soapboxing Pro Tools (what the hell was that Roland Sequencer called before MIDI?) My retirement dreams smoked like the outputs of a Kurzweil keyboard in a cheezy Las Vegas lounge. Twenty years and the old school still cracked a ruler across the backside of my hands when I insisted there must now be a 'workable solution' to a PC based Pro Tools System for the masses. It's 1984 all over again. Buy a Mac Mini, save your pencil for song structures and chord charts... get your music on Slacker. Debate.. the meaning of chote.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Let the people go!

I'm confused. Is this a question or a rant? I've been running Pro Tools on PC for 5 years and love it. Very few problems(most caused by me) and very little to complain about. ADC would be nice but it does not affect my day to day work.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-09-2009, 10:48 AM

+1. I'm finally getting a macbook pro for college, but less because of PT and more because their freakin sweet (and I can finally afford it).

Window's get a lot of crap, but you have to consider that Apple developers only have to code for specific hardware that is certified by Apple. In the PC world, there are countless different hardware configurations, although I've been running PT on 2 Windows computers and have have almost no problems.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:06 PM

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-10-2009, 12:43 AM

See this is what confuses me...supposedly the people here are all about art, and when someone comes on here and posts in an artistic way y'all get your feathers ruffled as if it's some kind of rebellion that must be put down.

Sheesh, I liked the groove of it. Totemic. Tlinget share your tunes I am ears.
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and native DAWs stretch far away.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 AM

I was thinking more Sam Spade-ish.... First person narrative in a sepia colored world.... big fenders, bigger hats, and dames... lots of dames.. all of em needing a good slap.

The pall of cigarette smoke hanging in the air like a bad joke.. a trumpet playing a haunting melody off in the distance..

Legs apart,hat tipped forward over your eyes, sun going down, out comes your gat...

It's showtime!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 08-10-2009, 04:50 AM

I have two PCs and also no problems at all. PT is working fine and very stable.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinget View Post
I tried, really tried to get away from Apple. Spent untold hours reading through gobs of DUC docs, user blogs, Dverb demysitification, white papers and my own gyroglyphic pencil notes. Twenty years I have been soapboxing Pro Tools (what the hell was that Roland Sequencer called before MIDI?) My retirement dreams smoked like the outputs of a Kurzweil keyboard in a cheezy Las Vegas lounge. Twenty years and the old school still cracked a ruler across the backside of my hands when I insisted there must now be a 'workable solution' to a PC based Pro Tools System for the masses. It's 1984 all over again. Buy a Mac Mini, save your pencil for song structures and chord charts... get your music on Slacker. Debate.. the meaning of chote.
Write a Book about your experience..... Word.
It wont take long, it,ll be a thin one anyway.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:04 AM

Yes, yes. Been running PT on a PC since 6.4 with no issues that were not an operator error, besides Play/Pause that is.

Also, in regards to the former, I've just about never had to even ask a question about any of the issues I caused because I've always been able to find the answer here via the search tool.

Lucky? Not sure that's exactly accurate.
Win7 64 Ultimate - Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz - Gigabyte EX58-UD3R - OCZ Gold 6GB - Radeon X550 256MB Video Card - 750GB Caviar Black System, 500GB Hitachi SATA Sample, and 750GB Caviar Black Audio - 500GB Caviar Blue Backup - Pro Tools 8.0.4 LE - Signature Series Digi 002R
Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGraham View Post
Yes, yes. Been running PT on a PC since 6.4 with no issues that were not an operator error, besides Play/Pause that is.

Same here besides the Play/pause(hadn't had that prob either) knocking on wood...

STILL TO THE OP,

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)