Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2013, 11:17 AM

Default MC transport with PT 10

Using MC transport with Mac, editing ProTools 10 audio. Try to make Key commands into the numeric Keypad, for example number 1 as Mac Keyboard Down arrow (Mark In),number 2 as keyboard Up arrow (Mark Out)I did not find the way how to do it.Key command>Insert special>Down arrow did not work.I know that this commands can find from wheel commands+Shift but it`s more smoothly if you can find some commands by using the MCīs numeric keypad.
I do have to enable Ethernet Control every time when open the ProTools - have some tips for this problem?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Avid

Default Re: MC transport with PT 10

The commands you listed should work. I just tested on my system here and they work as expected.

You shouldn't have to connect to EuCon every time you run Pro Tools. Once you enable it, it should stay enabled until you disable it. I would recommend deleting both Pro Tools and EuControl preferences and see if it stays connected after that.

1. Quit Pro Tools and EuControl.
2. Delete Pro Tools preferences - http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nd_Preferences
3. Delete EuControl preferences - http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ow_to/en431411
4. Restart the computer
5. Launch EuControl, then Pro Tools
6. Re-enable EUCON in Pro Tools

After this process, then see if EUCON stays connected and if your key commands work.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 PM

Interesting - by which system did you the test,Mac os PC (OSX version?), Mc Transport version? I do have MacBookPro (late2011)OSX 10.7.5 ,PT 10.3.2,MC v1,Eucon 2.7.1,FW 1.1.5 Can You give some tips to get the commands (Key commands for Numeric Keypad)work with my system?
I did all you listed but get not help - when start the system I have to enable Eucon, after that it makes Scanning for Ethernet controllers prosedure and Mc is connected.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:04 PM

When open the Eucontrol it allways shows the message:Unable to connect - Network error - Possible causes:the units ethernet or power cable is unplugged,the unit is not powered on,the unit is connected to another network,a bad ethernet cable or FW or HW problems etc. But it works! The main problem is when try to modify and store own(custom)keycommands (written early) Tryed delete PT and EuControl preferences,
uninstalled/reinstalled PT and Eucon 2.6.2 and 2.7.1 Reseted Pram,Fixed OSX Lions preferences.
When doing that all the numeric (custom)keypad commands, for example, works once after that the commands does not work no longer.All the factory-programmed commands works fine but itīs not smoothly workflown when edit audio,push Play button and when need Mark In you have to push Shift key before itīs possible to find Mark In/Out commands and back to Stop command via Shift key - too uncomfortable, more easy to use Macs keyboard! So can not recommend for professional audio editing with ProTools 10.3.2 ,MacBookPro OSX 10.7.5 2,4Ghz Intel Core i7 before the Avid team makes the new, workable solution for this kind of problems.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:27 AM

Focus first on the signal path from Transport to Computer - does it go wireless at some point? Do you use an ethernet hub? Do you use fixed IP?

If it works and then donīt, I would start there...

Check once more that you run it in EuCon mode and not in some kind of HUI mode...

Happy hunting!
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 06-11-2013, 04:24 AM

I don't know why but i've always found the system to much more stable if I run things in a certain order.
1. Switch on computer
2. Run Eucon software, wait until E stops spinning
3. Switch on Artist/MC device, wait for connection
4. Start Pro Tools.

If I don't switch on in this order it randomly disconnects.

I hope this helps but YMMV.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 AM

Thanks a lot SMFELTON! In Your way itīs much more stable.Iīm going step by step.I have get created Numeric keypad edit commands: Mark In,Mark Out and Selection Start, Selection End but how to create custom commands to get ”Edit Selection Start” to trim the selection start point and same with end point with Softkeys/Jog.Wheel > Jog > Left Edit Control > Move Selection works only with start point -when going to the selection end point and move the Jog it chances to the selection start point.How to get the same fuction to the End point?
Old 06-12-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocera View Post
Thanks a lot SMFELTON! In Your way itīs much more stable.Iīm going step by step.I have get created Numeric keypad edit commands: Mark In,Mark Out and Selection Start, Selection End but how to create custom commands to get ”Edit Selection Start” to trim the selection start point and same with end point with Softkeys/Jog.Wheel > Jog > Left Edit Control > Move Selection works only with start point -when going to the selection end point and move the Jog it chances to the selection start point.How to get the same fuction to the End point?
I'm glad it helps. Is what you want the same as the 'WHEEL" command 'Trim Clip End' If so it is a predefined command in Eucontrol Settings.

Sorry if i'm misunderstanding you.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM

Sorry,Iīm bad in english and beginner with MC transport (bad combination!) please,be patient!
My workflow: Make recording with Yamaha desk 02R96 > ADAt HD24, mixing with Yamaha desk into Mac HD with ProTools and edit with PT.So I do mix the song/piece usually short parts (working with classical music) in chronological order untill I have all the pieces snatchs on HD.After that I have to edit the song.I make Mark in/out when playing piece (speed or half speed) The next command is Selection Start/Stop and after that comes the question: because the Mark in/out are ”about” I have to get move the Selection In point and I found the wheel command > Move Selection but it works only when triming Selection Start point - when going to selection end point and try to trim it and move Jog it moves back to the Selection Start point.I tryed wheel command ”Trim Clip End” but itīs not the fuction Iīm searching for.The command Iīm searching is to Move or Trim the Selection End Point.
Is it possible to make the Jog commands into Soft Keyes insted Wheel because in that case you do not have to use Shift key.

Last edited by jocera; 06-12-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM

Sorry to be slow at taking this in, but i'm trying get it right. Is what you are saying that you are marking the in/out points during playback, then want to go back and 'fine adjust' the in/out locations to there correct positions ?