Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 04-03-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Input Monitor when in Jog/scrub

Is it possible to have a track which is set to monitor input to remain in input when you are in jog/scrub?

If we have audio which we are pre mixing to a track (which is set to monitor input) we'd like to be able to hear the input of that track when we are scrubbing over a track which feeds our record track.

Cheers
Old 04-07-2006, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Input Monitor when in Jog/scrub

no, this is not possible. my workaround is to mute the record track and setup an aux right next to it, with the same input. This you can scrub through. you can toggle the mutes from aux to rec track when you scrub, if you are not comfortable without hearing your record track.
I have grown accustomed to hearing the aux, and trusting the record track. Hasn't been a problem.

www.tompaul.com
Old 04-10-2006, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Input Monitor when in Jog/scrub

Quote:
no, this is not possible. my workaround is to mute the record track and setup an aux right next to it, with the same input. This you can scrub through. you can toggle the mutes from aux to rec track when you scrub, if you are not comfortable without hearing your record track.
I have grown accustomed to hearing the aux, and trusting the record track. Hasn't been a problem.
I do the same. No problems found.

Tauro Digital Sound
Sound for Film

www.taurodigital.com