Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2018, 05:52 PM

Default PT Crashes when opening plugins using onboard HDMI

A few weeks ago I built a long over due new PC. For the most part PT was happy. Then yesterday the new monitor arrived and the trouble started.

I hooked it up to the mainboard HDMI port and marveled at my beautiful new screen. At first everything was fine but some hours later some plugins wouldn't display properly but if I closed them I could reopen them no problem.

Then it got worse. Anytime I tried to add or open certain plugins PT would instantly shutdown and reopen.

It's not all plugins that do this. For me Arturia, Waves, Fabfilter, and iZotope all caused PT to restart.

After a lot of grief I couldn't think of anything else so I hooked the old monitor and it worked.

Then I remembered that when I did the build I installed a video card because I wan to add a second monitor in the future. I switched the HDMI cable over to it and it was instantly fixed.

Hopefully this is helpful to somebody.