Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 05-28-2019, 05:37 AM

Default Audio out of sync within group when using playlists

Hi guys,

I've had a strange issue just crop up and not sure what's going on.
Recently I recorded some drums (16 mics in total) - something I've done many times before but never had this issue happen.

For each take, I created a new playlist. They are all in order and I've made notes on each one. When I go to create a new comp of the takes, this is where the issues seem to appear.

So, I create a new playlist and then switch to Playlist view.
I select what I want from take 4 and click the up arrow to send it to the top of the playlist. For some reason, this makes 4 of the tracks out of sync - it brings the overheads and room mics earlier than the other tracks.
However, when I go to the playlist of take 4, the audio is fine; flipping between the two (the take 4 playlist and the same take promoted to the top of the comp), I literally see the tracks move! Also, they are in a different colour.

Any idea what could be causing this?
I recorded 4 songs that day and everything else seems fine with the others.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!

James

James Arter Music
www.jamesarter.com

Soundcloud
http://www.soundcloud.com/happybunnyproductions
Old 05-28-2019, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Audio out of sync within group when using playlists

This might be a bug. Can you do a copy from the playlists to the mains without this error? Command-c on playlists on selection, move up to mains and command-v.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Audio out of sync within group when using playlists

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
This might be a bug. Can you do a copy from the playlists to the mains without this error? Command-c on playlists on selection, move up to mains and command-v.

Aha. Interestingly, that seems to work ok. For some reason, the tracks that were in question (overheads and room mics) still display in a different colour, but they don't appear to be moved this time and play in sync.

Do you think it could be a glitch in the session itself, seeing as it doesn't seem to be causing a problem with the other 3 sessions?
FYI, this was song number 3 and I was importing session data from the previous session each time I moved onto the next song. Just to make sure all of my channel inputs and headphone outputs etc remained consistent.

James Arter Music
www.jamesarter.com

Soundcloud
http://www.soundcloud.com/happybunnyproductions