Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2020, 12:17 AM

Default Avid S1 users: how do you use the meters on the tablet?

I wonder if anyone is using the Avid S1 + Tablet meters in any cool unique way? Or, is there anything specifically about it that makes it better than just viewing the faders on your monitor?

I'm a new S1 owner, and I have it placed directly under my monitor. I notice that I prefer using the meters display on my computer monitor better than the tablet since a) there's no lag, and b) it's a bit redundant to turn on a tablet to show something already on my monitor. Am I missing anything special about the tablet display? Also, are there any cool features planned ahead for the tablet display?
Old 06-02-2020, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Avid S1 users: how do you use the meters on the tablet?

Following because I'm sort of in the same boat. I'd love to hear how to make the most of the tablet perched on my S1.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Following because I'm sort of in the same boat. I'd love to hear how to make the most of the tablet perched on my S1.

Mine's parked on meters of the main VCAs (or master busses).
Old 11-18-2020, 12:22 PM

How? I can't seem to get it to do anything but mirror what's on the faders below? I've seen images where it shows dynamics and channel eq graphs in the lower section But all I see is pan position and i/o and group assignments.
Old 11-19-2020, 12:56 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injured_Ear View Post
How? I can't seem to get it to do anything but mirror what's on the faders below? I've seen images where it shows dynamics and channel eq graphs in the lower section But all I see is pan position and i/o and group assignments.
If you only have an S1 and no Dock, you can add the Tablet as a Master and the meters wont be locked to the S1. To see graphs for EQ?DYN the DAW has to support it (PT, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Pyramix) You can see if there are graphs available by the little lines in the bottom of the graph....tap the graphs and they will go to the other ones or when you go into an EQ on the S1 it will auto switch to it.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:59 AM

I should have fully explained that I have 2 S1 and 2 tablets and i am talking about the secondary tablet. Primary tablet is almost always set to soft buttons for automation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk