Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Very strange PT 7 bug

I'll try toexplain this the best I can.

I imported a swoosh sound effect into a session. I used the trimmer to bring the volume down on the region. Now that of course creates automatic breakpoints at the beginning and end of the region. So the track volume was at 0 db and the region was brought down to -15.9 db with breakpoints where they were automatically created. Now, I hit play and the panning was all screwed up even though the pan automation had not changed. It was panned very right channel heavy. But, once I changed the breakpoint that was at 0db at the beginning of the region, I moved it back about a half second from the beginning of the region and down to -15.9db, the swoosh was centered correctly in the stereo field.

Anyone else have this happen? I never had this kind of thing with previous versions os PT and it only appears to happen with files I import, not files tracked into PT. I hope that makes sense.

WinXP Pro SP2
AMD 64 3700+ (754)
DFI Lanparty UT nf3 250gb
1.5 cgig heapo ram
1 system drive, 2 audio drives
GeForce 6800GT
Old 11-22-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Very strange PT 7 bug

I just applied what you did, pulled down the volume on a SFX in a show that I'm cutting and everything is okey-dokey...
Old 11-22-2005, 01:00 PM

Hmmmm. This has happened on the last 2 sessions I've worked on today. Seems that if the breakpoint is at the very beginning OR within the region it does this, but only for about a half second oddly enough. Move the breakpoint away from the region and everything is fine. Now the more attention I pay, it seems that what is actually happening is that for the first half second or so of playback, the right channel isn't reading the volume automation. It's a stereo track BTW. Maybe a restart will help. Seems to fix so many other things. lol

Update:

Trashed prefs and databases, restarted, duplicated the session to another drive and the problem is still there.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:14 PM

Another update:

It seems that if the region volume is louder than the overall track volume automation, the left channel is amplified temporarily and if the region volume automation is lower than the overall track volume automation, the right channel is effected. Like the volume automation temporarily links itself to the pan automation based on where the break points are, in relation to eachother.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:37 AM

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas DIGI?

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Just wanted to bumb this up. I submitted a bug report to DIGI, but was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. It's an annoyance that I have to deal with on EVERY session I've created since installing PT 7. Still happens whhith fresh installs of PT 7.