How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2013, 11:23 AM

Default Windows 7 does not recognize M-Audio Mobile Pre USB microphone

I'm trying to connect my good old M-Audio Mobile Pre USB to my new Windows 7 PC and I can't get it to work. This is what my issue looks like:
I have the M-Audio Mobile Pre USB connected to my USB-2 port
To the M-Audio Mobile Pre USB I have connected two microphones, requiring phantom power, so on the MobilePre box I have switched phantom power on
All looks fine on the box:
- all lights are on that should be on
- when I tap the mikes, the Signal indicators light, so I assume the mikes work well on the box - they always have.
On my PC:
- I have installed the latest Windows driver (1.1.8)
- When I go to --> Configuration Panel --> Hardware I see the MobilePre installed and working well
- PC rebooted several times

What does not work: I cannot select/see the USB microphones when I go to --> Sounds --> Recording device. I see other mikes, and I have tried them all, but none of them represent the mikes I connected through the MobilePre.
Also when I go to Audacity, only the four mikes I see under Sounds can be selected, but not the USB mikes.

What can I do to get this to work??? Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nieuwe afbeelding (3).jpg (40.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Nieuwe afbeelding (4).jpg (42.6 KB, 0 views)