Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 07-03-2020, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools does not use the entire CPU

what about when 2 middle cores are frozen and the top meter is pinned flashing red.. that is whats up with this "antique" DAW in my 12core 6,1 2019 mac world.

some pointed out that there is some SERIOUS issues with Graphics inside PT. and ANY other thing like even auto save can throw errors. thats something Id love to know more about.

I know is great to blame plugins... thats the DUC default

so
LETs make a LIST of Known ones, because the "take all the plugin out and put them back gag" is not cutting it as taking hrs to figure out very little is ..not working. Ive done this dance for, years.
CPU hogs.. yeah I have em.. abby road Plates, chambers, Ozone8, Acustica most.

BUT is a Hog the same as deathstar?.. in LIVE it taxes it but it doesnt freeze the whole session.. with flashing cpu Red !! they should change the cpu to HAL in 2001.. "sorry I cant do that"

As someone pointed out, Hows does a single PLUGIN bring an entire session TO its KNEES. I dont see that in other DAWS. I see CPU go up but not frozen

PT code is .. Bazooka Joe wrapper level. lol

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]

Last edited by Rectifried; 07-03-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools does not use the entire CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectifried View Post
what about when 2 middle cores are frozen and the top meter is pinned flashing red.. that is whats up with this "antique" DAW in my 12core 6,1 2019 mac world.

some pointed out that there is some SERIOUS issues with Graphics inside PT. and ANY other thing like even auto save can throw errors. thats something Id love to know more about.

I know is great to blame plugins... thats the DUC default

so
LETs make a LIST of Known ones, because the "take all the plugin out and put them back gag" is not cutting it as taking hrs to figure out very little is ..not working. Ive done this dance for, years.
CPU hogs.. yeah I have em.. abby road Plates, chambers, Ozone8, Acustica most.

BUT is a Hog the same as deathstar?.. in LIVE it taxes it but it doesnt freeze the whole session.. with flashing cpu Red !! they should change the cpu to HAL in 2001.. "sorry I cant do that"

As someone pointed out, Hows does a single PLUGIN bring an entire session TO its KNEES. I dont see that in other DAWS. I see CPU go up but not frozen

PT code is .. Bazooka Joe wrapper level. lol
Well said. It boggles my mind that since ProTools 11(7 years now) its been an issue.

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 12.7.2 Monterey,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.