Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Rhythmic Static on Audio Track

Hi all,

I'm taking a guitar track in ProTools LE 6.4 with my Digi 002 Rack. I've got the guitar plugged into the 1/4" jack on Input 2, and have Amplitube as the inserted plugin. I'm playing along with two MIDI tracks that are running through SampleTank.

When I first take the track, everything's fine. I playback using the Selector to start at anyplace in mid-track, and sometimes I get the guitar, and sometimes I get static playing the same rhythm as the guitar. I turned off Amplitube and the same thing happened. I turned off SampleTank and the problem continued.

I tried playing back from the beginning, and everything was fine until it hit mid-song, and then the rhythmic static began. Coincidentally, the spot it started at was where the audio region switched from one take to another. But I've recorded multiple takes before and not had that problem in playback.

Given that this is the first time I've had this issue, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the presence of MIDI tracks, which I haven't used before. They playback fine by themselves, and playback fine with the guitar track, but the guitar track's weird behavior seems to throw them off a bit.

Thoughts?
Old 08-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Avid

Default Re: Rhythmic Static on Audio Track

Have you authorized all your IK plug-ins?

If so, then you might try using 'Import Session Data' to a new session and see if the problem still occurs. It may be some kind of session corruption.

You also might try opening one of the audio files in question in another application, to see if the audio file actually contains the noise.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:28 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried those, and no go. Listening to the WAV files in MusicMatch shows them to be clean. IK Multimedia shows my Amplitube registration, and just to be sure, I downloaded the latest version & installed it, then rebooted.

The static doesn't start until the track moves to the third WAV file. The basic map of the song is:

[WAV file 1][WAV file 2]this is where the static begins...[WAV file 3][WAV file 4]

The static happens in both WAV file 3 and 4, though both play fine in MusicMatch. I imported session data into a new session, and the same problem occurs. I even imported each WAV file individually as audio into a new session. The fact that it also occurs whenever I randomly place the Selector somewhere leads me to believe it's some other kind of problem.

Incidentally, it also occurs with Amplitube turned off.

Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Avid

Try deleting your Pro Tools preferences files - do a search for hidden files and folders ending in '.ptp', delete the preferences files, restart and try again.