Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-25-2019, 07:14 AM

Default 11Rack + Tube Amp Question

Hi everybody!
The question is: can I use Eleven Rack in FX Loop of my H&K TubeMeister? I mean is it ok to plug the amp send into Eleven Rack guitar input?

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2019, 03:18 AM

Default Re: 11Rack + Tube Amp Question

You are asking two different things here, but yes, you can run the 11R into the fx loop of your amp. You can also run the 11R into the guitar input of your amp. It really depends on how you want to use it. The Output to amp connections are instrument level and work well going into the guitar input of your amp. This way you can use the stomps in front of your amp.

Running it in the fox loop will allow you to use it as an fx processor while using your amps tones.

You can also just plug the 11R into just the fx return of your amp if you want to use the amp modeling and fx in the 11R and power amp and speaker of your amp.

There are many ways to set it up. Have a look through the 11R Manual for more info and enjoy.

System Details
Old 12-26-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
Running it in the fox loop will allow you to use it as an fx processor while using your amps tones.

That's exactly how I want to use it. But doesn't it mean that I should send the signal from amp's FX loop send to 11R guitar input? Or how then the signal chain should look like?
Old 12-27-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkie View Post
That's exactly how I want to use it. But doesn't it mean that I should send the signal from amp's FX loop send to 11R guitar input? Or how then the signal chain should look like?
The fx send level will be to hot for the guitar input. You would run the amp fx send to the line input of the 11R and the main output from the 11R to the fx return. You will have to select the line input in your 11R settings as the input you want to use. From there, you will just need to play with the levels in the 11R to get things correct.

System Details
Old 12-27-2019, 03:46 AM

thanks dude! Will try it!
Old 01-02-2020, 02:41 PM

Or you can go:
guitar > 11R input > 11R fx send > amp input > amp fx send > 11R fx return > 11R output > amp fx return
You move 11R fx loop where you want per preset so you can have, as an example, 11R overdrive in front of you amp and 11R reverb in the effects loop of your amp.
This is called 4-cable method.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldR View Post
Or you can go:
guitar > 11R input > 11R fx send > amp input > amp fx send > 11R fx return > 11R output > amp fx return
Thanks mate! I actually tried to go that way but something went wrong - I had no effect switching between amp channels, there was same 11R sound without adding the H&K preamp. Maybe I should check my cables.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:38 PM

Check also that your 11R effects loop is on for that preset.