Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2018, 07:47 PM

Default Eucontrol Network Configuration Alert - Windows 10

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been trying to get my new Artist Mix up and running on my PC to no avail. It seems the issue is with the EuControl software. Currently, when I open EuControl, I get the following message:

"EUCON network services could not be started

There was a problem with the current network configuration that could not be resolved. Please check your network settings and connections and try restarting the EuControl application. If that doesn't work, please restart your computer."

The only options are a button that says "Quit" or to close the window. Closing the window seems to continue initialization of the app, but it then crashes and generates a crash report.

I've seen other users with similar issues, but the solutions out there on this forum seem specifically oriented towards Mac OS. Also, not really sure what I'm supposed to be checking for in "network settings" here, and am struggling to find this in the setup manuals. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Old 09-13-2018, 07:53 PM

Default Eucontrol Network Configuration Alert - Windows 10

Curious, what if you start windows without the mix on, does it still generate the error? How are you connecting? I have a switch that I plug my eucon devices into along with my pc and I haven’t had to adjust my network settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-13-2018, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Eucontrol Network Configuration Alert - Windows 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnssn View Post
Curious, what if you start windows without the mix on, does it still generate the error?
I'm a bit new to windows so forgive the question but is there a way within system settings to prevent it from starting automatically? Since the app crashes on launch I can't access any settings within it. Currently it starts automatically so I would have to change this through the OS to test this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnssn View Post
How are you connecting?
I'm plugged into the ethernet input on my motherboard, and I have the latest drivers for that.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeBirch View Post
I'm a bit new to windows so forgive the question but is there a way within system settings to prevent it from starting automatically? Since the app crashes on launch I can't access any settings within it. Currently it starts automatically so I would have to change this through the OS to test this out.

I'm plugged into the ethernet input on my motherboard, and I have the latest drivers for that.

I thought there was a context menu/preferences that allows you to not start at boot. Check manual. All I am saying is turn off your device. If you still get an error something else is wrong.

As for direct connection with Ethernet, I am no expert, you just have to make sure the connection is correct in the sense of “ will it work”. Check manual. It use to be if you direct connected two devices you needed a crossover cable. I don’t know if that is still true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-14-2018, 09:15 AM
Avid

Go to the Windows Control Panel and open the EUCON Prefs. In there is a network select box, make sure it lists the network you are connected to. This error is not EuControl but your networking on the PC.