Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2014, 08:27 AM

Default recording question new user. HELP!!!

Hi guys. So I bought a eleven rack second hand with out pro tools ( bad idea) I guess , because now I want to try and record something but I cant afford pro tools. I have reaper set up and I've recorded some tracks but here is the problem . Eleven rack sounds great (very analog not digital) through my combo amp and into my monitors, but when I run through the computer or use headphones it sounds very fizzy and digital like a cheap distortion pedal. Is there a clock setting or something that I need to change for recording or is it reaper. Just wondering if anyone has this problem or how they fixed it. I guess I can spend hours trying to eq the sh.... out of it to make sound good, but I hope there is an easier fix. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 10:04 AM

Default recording question new user. HELP!!!

That's what I heard about the Eleven Rack. It sounds good through the amp and monitor setup but not in the computer. If I'm correct, you need to tweak a whole bunch. Also, I believe people have presets that they set up already that you can get from them. There is an article on this somewhere. I'll try to find it.
Have you down a search in this forum for the Eleven Rack? I know someone asked that same question. Someone else will chime in.

📀
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 01-02-2014, 10:33 AM

Default Re: recording question new user. HELP!!!

Did you turn elevenrack cab sim off when you used it with the amp?
Old 01-02-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr343 View Post
Hi guys. So I bought a eleven rack second hand with out pro tools ( bad idea) I guess , because now I want to try and record something but I cant afford pro tools. I have reaper set up and I've recorded some tracks but here is the problem . Eleven rack sounds great (very analog not digital) through my combo amp and into my monitors, but when I run through the computer or use headphones it sounds very fizzy and digital like a cheap distortion pedal. Is there a clock setting or something that I need to change for recording or is it reaper. Just wondering if anyone has this problem or how they fixed it. I guess I can spend hours trying to eq the sh.... out of it to make sound good, but I hope there is an easier fix. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks
The Eleven Rack is used direct by many of us here, so you should not have a problem getting it to sound good through headphone and recording directly from the USB connection.

If you have the cab bypassed while running through your power amp and cab then it is possible that you still have the cab bypassed while trying to record direct. This will obviously give a very bad and Lo-fi sound.

I have a video where I am showing Redwirez impulse responses, and in that video there is a short section where you can hear the difference between the Eleven Rack with a cab and without, watch that video and if that is the sound you are getting, than you probably just need to re-enable the cab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5_JOAS9Mqc
(about 1:40 is where you can hear the difference)

If that is not the problem than it could be that you have dialed in tones that work while going through your amp/cab, but may not work well while going through the included cab/mic combos, so you may need to try to dial in some sounds from scratch using just the included amp/cab/mic/effects.

You could also try using some of the thousands of free, user made Eleven Rack Rigs/Presets..... however, without Pro Tools, I guess you don't have a way to load downloaded presets on to your Eleven Rack......

If you do happen to get Pro Tools then there are thousands of free presets available.

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/

http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/...rack-rigs.html

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-02-2014, 01:30 PM

You could also try using some of the thousands of free, user made Eleven Rack Rigs/Presets..... however, without Pro Tools, I guess you don't have a way to load downloaded presets on to your Eleven Rack......

You can use elevenhack to download presets to your eleven rack,elevenhack is a free (but i can donate) app. Made by a guy from the elevenrackpreset.com forum,it works great and with all the effort the guy Made to create it he deserve some adv and some donation too.