Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-05-2009, 09:37 PM

Default 003 midi ports not there in midi studio setup? Unable to record midi now?

Everything was working with midi recording in pro tools but now the midi ports on the 003 do not work and are not even an option in the midi studio setup section? I am running 7.3 and have been when it was working. I have a motu midi timepiece av usb that is recognized but does not seem to communicate with pro tools anymore when trying to record with the v drums. Yes I checked the MOTU clockworks program and my routing is correct. My axiom keyboard controller does operate corrrectly when ran thru my motu. My v drums do not however. I am able to piggy back my vdrums midi out into my axiom 61 controllers midi input and it seems to work although the triggers are not equaling the same drums in strike as before. All toms are the same note etc instead of being correct as I midi mapped the v drums to equal strikes kit.. In doing this I have to have "all" as the midi input otherwise it does not record and also a midi pulse is constant on that tracks meter but does not get recorded although it looks like midi activity is on the meter.??? Never saw that before?????

Help I have to record some important people this week and need my midi working AAAAARGH!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Default Re: 003 midi ports not there in midi studio setup? Unable to record midi now?

Is MMERefresh.exe running in Task Manager? If not, check msconfig to see if it's selected in startup. You can also go into Services in Computer Mangement (in XP) and try to start MMERefresh manually if it isn't running. When I've had this problem I had to reinstall LE.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 12-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Default Re: 003 midi ports not there in midi studio setup? Unable to record midi now?

I am able to use the axiom usb as a port although My damn 003 ports should work. The mmerefresh is on in task manager. I have not deleted preferences and dont know how to do that, Anyone know how? I dont want to mess anything up. I did come across some other threads where people had the same problem mostly after upgrading to 8.0. I have not upgrsded anything. Do you think my windows automatic upgrades may be the culprit? I dont even know how to check if I have explorer 8? Thanks
Old 12-06-2009, 03:36 PM

Pro tools 7.3
Old 12-06-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREBLEBLEED View Post
I have not deleted preferences and dont know how to do that, Anyone know how? I dont want to mess anything up.
General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE on Windows (XP & Vista)

If all else fails I say uninstall/reinstall LE.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Old 12-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Before doing this make sure you did not unplug the usb and plug it into another port. I have had this issue and the driver had to re-install on the MOTU midi timepiece. I would pull the plug out of the useb port, shut down the computer, restart it and before you open protools plug the MOTU back into a DEDICATED port and see if it reinstalls the driver.

May not be your problem but it has been mine a couple of times when using V-drums and MOTU or when I changed something.

ALSO make images or clones of your operating system before you do ANY updates or installs. That way you can "GO BACK"

Hope this works. If not it is non-destructive at least.

Scar

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 12-08-2009, 01:01 AM

I will try these suggestions. Thanks
Old 12-16-2009, 01:01 PM

No luck yet
Old 12-21-2009, 05:06 PM

I see I am not the only person with this issue. How can pro tools not have an answer to this MAJOR problem. I do all my drums etc using midi and the 003 midi ports are not even an option in my studio setup. I even deleted preferences and still no luck. This is an "out of the blue" issue that I did absolutely nothing to bring about. We were in the middle of recording drums for a cd and now no 003 midi ports. Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREBLEBLEED View Post
I see I am not the only person with this issue. How can pro tools not have an answer to this MAJOR problem. I do all my drums etc using midi and the 003 midi ports are not even an option in my studio setup. I even deleted preferences and still no luck. This is an "out of the blue" issue that I did absolutely nothing to bring about. We were in the middle of recording drums for a cd and now no 003 midi ports. Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hate to beat a dead horse but have you uninstalled/reinstalled LE? It's not too bad of a pain really and well worth it if it fixes your problem. Worked for me at least.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM