Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 AM

Default Clicks and Pops in Xpand2

As the headline suggest, I have had this problem lately. I don't know what's wrong, I have tried to change settings in playback-engine, with no effect. I opened a totally new session in 48KHz, opened ONLY Xpand plug, and the problem still existed. I am normally recording 44KHz, 24-bit. I have Intel dual Core2,67GHz, and 4GB RAM. I use xp home sp2, and pro tools M-powered 8.0, together with a M-Audio Profire 2626. Any Ideas?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Clicks and Pops in Xpand2

Have you tried changing to a larger hardware buffere size ?
What about trashing preferences or checking if you have some incompatible plugins in your plugins folder ?
Old 06-24-2009, 05:18 AM

Thanks!

Ok, I tried your suggestions. But unfortunately they didn't work. I have found out more though.

-It only occurs on some specific sounds. I don't see any pattern, but among 1\3 of all of the sounds are having the same noise.

-The clicks are quite well hidden, so it is best heard on solo-playback of that instrument. However, it messes up the total picture of the song, even though it is hard to hear the separate clicks when all instruments are playing back.

-The clicks are random, in other words, they change where they occur from time to time.

-The clicks sounds like I would change sound-preset in the middle of playback (it gives almost the same sound) like a short 'click'.

-It happen in both XP and vista, so no difference in OS.

Wired. Maybe I just have to use those 2\3 of the sound-presets. I shouldn't complain of that though :) They are mostly great samples.

Anyone with similar problems?
Old 01-16-2010, 04:52 PM

I'm also experiencing this problem. Has anyone resolved this yet? The clicking sounds seem to be random and very faint but enough to mess up the sound on a solo track. It seems to occur with only a few sounds in Xpand!2. For sure on Vocals/ Female Aah choir+. It doesn't matter what buffer size is set to or 16/24 bit settings. Can anyone help with this? Is it just a faulty sound in Xpand2 or is something wrong with mine specifically? Thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:07 PM

I'm getting this too, glad it's not just me. I'm running LE with an Mbox Pro on a near new Macbook Pro. It's only happening on a couple of bass notes (Dobule Bass), but it happens each time those notes are played (speakers, headphones, same problem).

I've run it on blank sessions with Xpand2 on its own, no other channels or plugins, with the same issue.

Any ideas? I'm desperate to get this mix finished, it's all I need sorting for this track!

Any Digi guys out there?
Old 01-29-2011, 08:17 AM

I'm experiencing big clicks and pops using every possible combination of settings in playback engine. I'm doing a demo using many more (8 or 9) Xpand2 plugins than normal for convenience (I would normally later change the instruments to Structure or other.) I've upgraded the OS to 10.6.6 and PTHD to 9.01 and no relief. I've done all the normal clearing of system caches and preferences and permissions repair. Every time it occurs I can temporarily fix it by quitting PTHD and reloading. Then, over a period of 10 to 20 minutes, the clicks and pops slowly come back to the point I can't do my work.

This happens on my HD2/8-core/10GB at my studio and also at home on my 2-core iMac.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:40 AM

Any Performance Directions, accel. and/or rit. (ritardando) (Tempo Event changes)?