Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Importing Video into 7.3.1 causes crash with MDWEQ

Hey: so i've found that i can't import video anymore into protools without it crashing...

i've tried both mojo .mxf files and regular quicktimes and had the same result:

"ProTools is unable to reaquire the hardware because its in use by another program. Please quit that program and hit 'ok' If the hardware can't be freed , protools can't continue to run. In this event hit quit"

hitting ok never solves the problem and i'm forced to hit quit which then brings up a -9161 error message... so for fun, i tried to disconnect my mojo and then import a quicktime and this time i got this message:

"Plug-In Failure Plug In "MDW 3B HD EQ" is experiecing an incompatibilty with Pro Tools. while there is no visual indication, affected tracks will no longer pass audio. To restore audio playback, inactivate and reactive the failed plug-in(s). Alternatively, close and reopen the session."

After creating a new session without MDW EQ, i could import fine... and as soon as i added one instance.. BAM, it crashed again... i'm running MDW EQ v2.0.1r9 and protools 7.3.1 (no CS) and 10.4.8 on a G5...

I've also found that i can disable all my MDW EQs in my session and then be able to import video...

anyone else experiencing this or able to reproduce?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Importing Video into 7.3.1 causes crash with MDWEQ

this is killing me! anyone able to reproduce?