Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 05-16-2008, 04:23 PM

Default Re: DigiTranslator..... Where are you?

Well, on iLok's site, it just says DigiTranslator. No 2.0. How old is 2.0? I don't know when we bought this license, but it couldn 't be more than a couple of years ago.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:41 AM

I have DT 2 authorization. iLok.com lists it simply as "Digitranslator". Also, I think if it is an authorization problem the error message would indicate that. The error message you have now is the same message I get if I remove omf.bundle from the proper folder, so that Pro Tools cannot find it when I try to open an omfi or aaf type of file.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:25 PM

grrrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Avid

I think Postman is probably right - if it were an authorization problem, you probably would be prompted when Pro Tools launched.

Where is this OMF from? Are you using 'Import Session Data' to open the OMF?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:16 PM

Yes. Any OMF gives me the prompt "You need the DigiTranslator 2.0 option to do this." Or however they put it. I get this when double clicking an omf or by trying to import the session data tracks.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:14 AM

Just for curiosity sake, what happens if you select a track and try to export it as an omf? This should be an option under the FILE pulldown menu. If DigiTranslator is not working, this will not be available to you.

Assuming export does not work either, I think you have no choice but to do a full uninstall/reinstall. Uninstall first! It is much faster than troubleshooting further and really ought to get you going again. I suppose you could try to save time and keep a copy of your preferences file (Finder), but it would be more certain to start over with a fresh one. Personally I still think there is a mismatch between the Pro Tools version and Digitranslator version installed.

It just occurred to me that, perhaps, there is a permissions problem with the omf.bundle you copied in? You could check that. A full uninstall/re-install should fix that problem too. Or, at least you'll be alerted to a problem because uninstall will tell you it cannot remove a file.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:39 AM

I know, this is probably not it:

There used to be a problem opening OMFI from removable disks, such as DVD, CD, etc. The workaround was to copy the OMFI to your desktop and import/open it from that location.

It's worth giving it a try - in case you always tried to open the OMF from a CD or similar.
Tim
Old 05-21-2008, 08:31 AM

had the same problem last week on a new system - the DT is in a folder on the original Pro tools disk - just go into the folder and drag it into the PT plugins folder manually.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:19 AM

to confirm you have a OMF.bundle file in: Applications>Digidesign>Pro Tools folder

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 AM

I am having the same issue. iLok site just says Digitranslator, although registration email from Digidesign is for DT 2.0. When trying to import .OMF file using IMPORT SESSION DATA find prompt for "PT needs Digitranslator 2.0 option". Have installed DT 2.0 several times always locates to PT folder as a .bundle, NOT in the Plug-Ins Alias folder....

If this thing needs to be in the plug-ins folder; does it need to reside in the "plug-ins Alias" folder or some other plug-ins folder hidden in the bowels of my mac?. The thought that it does not install into the proper folder and that I NEED to move it to the proper location inspires MUCH confidence!!!! The thought of doing a full INSTALL/RE-INSTALL everytime I want a plug in?????? what is wrong with this picture?

This is as pathetic as uninstalling a WAVES software package? Why so complicated???? Does Digidesign and AVID EVER talk to each other... and to them I ask; Why would you not want me to be able to easily import audio for video as standard production practice with PT????? need the money that bad? we are talking about a file here, why not set up accounts for us and charge us a toll/tariff every time we need to import a file into one of your products (hey, that's kind of what you're doing!).... any fix for this? or do I need to buy MORE digidesign stuff to make it work?

Okay- I moved the OMF.bundle into the Plug-Ins Alias Folder and it still will not allow me to import the .OMF-Anyone?