Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 08-19-2019, 11:37 AM

Default M-Audio Fast Track C600 Polarity

Hi!

I have lost the power adapter for my M-Audio Fast Track C600 and I am looking to buy a replacement. On the back of the device it says that it expects 6 Volt 2 Ampere but it doesn't say the polarity. I couldn't find it in the manual either. Can anybody help me check it please?

The polarity can be checked by examining the original adapter. It might be written on it. If it is not, it can be checked with a multimeter. See here: https://itp.nyu.edu/physcomp/lessons...ower-supplies/ It is either center-positive (plus in the middle) or center-negative (minus in the middle).

I would really appreciate if anybody could help me with this.

Kind regards
Fredrik
Old 08-19-2019, 02:18 PM

Default Re: M-Audio Fast Track C600 Polarity

Replacement For M-Audio C-600 Interface:

Hope this helps even though it is a generic power adapter but the same specs.

* GENERIC HOME WALL AC Power Adapter

* Auto-Switching adapter can be used in the worldwide.

* Input: 100-240V AC 50-60hz; Output: DC 5V

Auto-Switching adapter can be used in the worldwide
Input: 100-240V AC 50-60hz for using in the worldwide
Output: DC 5V

Shipping Weight 6.1 ounces

Snipped from Amazon here:

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Suppl.../dp/B07147X3Q7

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-20-2019, 02:42 AM

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I live in Sweden and the adapter that you link doesn't ship here. Even if I found one on american Amazon that ships here it would be quite expensive to ship from the US and pay customs.

As you say it is a generic power adapter. I have found an adapter that I can buy here that has the same contact and supplies the correct voltage (5 V 2 A) with center-positive polarity. The problem is that if the polarity the Fast Track C600 expects is not center-positive, I could destroy it. So if anybody who has a power adapter for the Fast Track C600 could check this I would really appreciate it. (See link in my previous post).
Old 08-20-2019, 02:52 AM

Thanks for the help! I live in Sweden and unfortunately the item that you linked to does not ship here. Even if it did it would be quite expensive to pay shipping and customs from the US.

As you say, it is a generic adapter. I have found an adapter that I can buy here that has the correct contact and voltage (5 V, 2 A) with center-positive polarity. If I plug it into my Fast Track CS600 and center-positive polarity is not what it expects, I could destroy it. If anybody who has the adapter could check the polarity I would be very grateful. (Se link in the first post)
Old 08-21-2019, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the help! I live in Sweden and unfortunately the item that you linked to does not ship here. Even if it did it would be quite expensive to pay shipping and customs from the US.

As you say, it is a generic adapter. I have found an adapter that I can buy here that has the correct contact and voltage (5 V, 2 A) with center-positive polarity. If I plug it into my Fast Track CS600 and center-positive polarity is not what it expects, I could destroy it. If anybody who has the adapter could check the polarity I would be very grateful. (Se link in the first post)