How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2018, 03:46 AM

Default Midi duplication - automation

Heya

I gotta question. I am wondering if it's possible to duplicate the automation along with the midi using the keyboard "ctrl+alt". I know I can copy and paste the automation but it takes ages.

And just for the curiosity as I haven't got the latest pro tools update. Is it possible to use the parabolic pencil tool when it comes to drawing (modwheel,expressions and so on).
Old 11-27-2018, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Midi duplication - automation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonham1333 View Post
Heya

I gotta question. I am wondering if it's possible to duplicate the automation along with the midi using the keyboard "ctrl+alt". I know I can copy and paste the automation but it takes ages.
Yes, that's an easy one. it's called "Automation Follows Edit" and it's in the main toolbar and options menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonham1333 View Post
And just for the curiosity as I haven't got the latest pro tools update. Is it possible to use the parabolic pencil tool when it comes to drawing (modwheel,expressions and so on).
Still not possible. Only for tempo changes. I hope they update this soon. Even though I am pretty good at drawing the automation curves i want with my trackball now... Studio One does midi CCs really nicely with curves and breakpoints... why no one at Avid thinks this is important I will never understand.