Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 08-12-2019, 05:02 AM

Default Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

We have some old iLoks with PT11 and PT 12 licenses and we need to decide their fate (sell it or keep it or upgrade one of them) and i have some queries regarding the upgrade perpetual options in general...

Has the cross-grade from Pro Tools Standard perpetual license, to Ultimate perpetual license, any restrictions, like expiration time or need an active annual plan to be applied on?

Does it matter if the Standard license to be upgraded, is for PT11/12 only or PT 2019.X for example?

I asked an on-line retailer and they said that a Cross-grade to PT Ultimate can be applied at any time, but i can't find any info on that in Avid's product page to verify the claim.

Any additional info is welcomed.
Thanks.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 14.52.37.png (57.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-12-2019, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Standard->Pro Tools Ultimate Cross-grade clarifications.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-12-2019, 07:16 AM

You have all the answers right there on the picture you posted!!

Buy once and you own the license forever if you stop after a year which is said aswell on that picture.

You need a perpetual PT11 or PT12 non HD license and it will include one year of support aswell as all updates that comes that year.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-12-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You have all the answers right there on the picture you posted!!
No i do not!

If we buy this upgrade now, from a 3rd party retailer and want to use it sometime in the future, will it work or is there some kind of expiration date?
Buying directly from Avid, i suppose the upgrade will occur immediately in the account that will be used to make the transaction. We don't want that though, we want to decide on our own where we will use this upgrade.

The retailer we contacted with, said that we can use the code anytime we want, but we prefer to have a confirmation before proceed, because software cannot be refunded. Also can this upgrade be applied to an expired 2019.x PT Standard license in case we sell the old PT 11/12 licenses and want to upgrade the most current one? (probably yes, but better safe than sorry).

There is no info in FAQ that addresses the above queries in Avid's webpage.
As it seems, i'm not the only one who wants some clarifications for that matter...

Cheers!
Old 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM

+1

Same situation. I have a perpetual PT12 license from way back, which stopped allowing upgrades after 12.5.2.

Now I want to weigh my perpetual vs. subscription options, but there are no sub or upgrade options shown to me in AvidLink or my Avid account online.

Pretty annoying...How do I upgrade my existing license??

Currently on hold with Support...
Old 08-14-2019, 12:57 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanlross View Post
+1

Same situation. I have a perpetual PT12 license from way back, which stopped allowing upgrades after 12.5.2.

Now I want to weigh my perpetual vs. subscription options, but there are no sub or upgrade options shown to me in AvidLink or my Avid account online.

Pretty annoying...How do I upgrade my existing license??

Currently on hold with Support...
Should be available inside your Avid Account under your Pro Tools Product

-Tope
Old 08-14-2019, 01:00 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
No i do not!

If we buy this upgrade now, from a 3rd party retailer and want to use it sometime in the future, will it work or is there some kind of expiration date?
Buying directly from Avid, i suppose the upgrade will occur immediately in the account that will be used to make the transaction. We don't want that though, we want to decide on our own where we will use this upgrade.

The retailer we contacted with, said that we can use the code anytime we want, but we prefer to have a confirmation before proceed, because software cannot be refunded. Also can this upgrade be applied to an expired 2019.x PT Standard license in case we sell the old PT 11/12 licenses and want to upgrade the most current one? (probably yes, but better safe than sorry).

There is no info in FAQ that addresses the above queries in Avid's webpage.
As it seems, i'm not the only one who wants some clarifications for that matter...

Cheers!
If you have or about to have an expired Pro Tools perpetual plan and purchase a Reinstatement Plan from an authorized reseller, yes, you can activate this anytime. But if you purchase a renewal from the Avid Website, your Plan will be renewed the time you purchase it. If your plan is still not expired on the date of your Renewal/reinstatement purchase, this will be added to your current plan and will change the expiration date.

-Tope
Old 08-15-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
If you have or about to have an expired Pro Tools perpetual plan and purchase a Reinstatement Plan from an authorized reseller, yes, you can activate this anytime. But if you purchase a renewal from the Avid Website, your Plan will be renewed the time you purchase it. If your plan is still not expired on the date of your Renewal/reinstatement purchase, this will be added to your current plan and will change the expiration date.

-Tope
Dear Tope,

Thanks for your reply, i know how this works, but i'm asking for a different thing here...
I am not talking about renewal, i am talking about upgrade from Pro Tools Standard perpetual to Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual.

I will give it another shot, hope a bit simpler, this time.

1st case scenario:

I have a Pro Tools 11 or 12 Standard perpetual license, with an expired annual plan.

Want to UPGRADE to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual version by buying this from a 3rd party retailer:

I can use the purchased code to do the upgrade anytime i want, right?
Remember, it is an UPGRADE from Standard to Ultimate, not renewal!

2nd case scenario:

I have a Pro Tools 2019.x Standard perpetual license, with an active annual plan.

Again, want to Upgrade to Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual version by buying the above product from a 3rd party retailer.
Can i use the purchased code to do the upgrade anytime i want or it has to be before the plan lapse, in this case?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Cheers!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 14.52.37.png (57.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-30-2019, 10:34 AM

Bump!

So, there is no answer to my queries...
Ok, that made our decision very clear...won't upgrade at all, better keep the cash and call it a day!
Thank you!

Cheers!