Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2015, 06:59 AM

Default Info on buying more projects or cloud space.

Greetings guys,
Where do I buy more cloud space for projects? Are they even available yet?
If they aren't, when will they be available? I have not found this info in Avid's website nor the Avid Marketplace inside PT First.
Thanks!

Let me introduce myself...
It's my first "returning to the DUC" post so let me introduce myself since it's been a long time since my last visit. I'm Julio, 37, live in Mexico, been playing piano since I'm 6 years old, and I used to be a PT Free/LE Mac user from 2000 to 2005. Used it to record my piano performances at my local fine arts academy/forum, as well as the academy's orchestra presentations (and occasionally a couple rock bands here and there.)

Work life absorbed me more than enough and ended up side tracking music (and selling my piano when I moved places) for my engineering job. Recently, I've had the opportunity to get back on the horse and bought a Yamaha P-105 digital piano. Bought Mainstage and Garageband's library expansion (I'm using an old 2008 iMac,) and played with them for a while until I found out about Pro Tools First.

Applied for the software download, got my invite, downloaded the software and fiddled with it for the last couple days. I'm actually very happy because I was used to its workflows. And more than surprised since it's running under El Capitan public beta 5.

I'm actually more inclined towards using PT First than Garageband since it offers MIDI tracks (that I use for composition and using my piano as the keyboard input/sound module) as well as dedicated auxiliary tracks for EQ and reverb sends. It's also a very light use for Pro Tools First, so for me it's been very stable even under the OS X betas and running on a very old Mac.

Thank you for your time and help, guys.

Julio.

Last edited by jgdeschamps; 08-25-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: (EDIT: Just placed the question first to see if someone might have some info.)