Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 AM

Default Blank Unique IDs! Cant re-link files, please help

Why oh why would some of my sessions not assign unique ID's to regions that most definitely have unique IDs??

I have to relink a batch of files that have been re-named and was counting on the unique-IDs to relink them. But I can't do this if it doesnt remember the unique IDs in the first place.

It shows all the files involved as having unique IDs in the workspace browser so I don't understand what the problem is here.

Please help if you can!
Old 02-24-2008, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Blank Unique IDs! Cant re-link files, please help

Kinda stating the obvious, but it's best to rename files from within the PT session and thus avoid the relinking problem. can you relink manually?

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 02-26-2008, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Blank Unique IDs! Cant re-link files, please help

Quote:
Kinda stating the obvious, but it's best to rename files from within the PT session and thus avoid the relinking problem. can you relink manually?
In this case was renaming 3000 files as a batch. Ended up solving the problem though, my sessions weren't corrupt at all.. it was just a database bug..

The util from this thread fixed the issue:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...part=1#1116324