Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2006, 06:48 AM

Default Edit Selection Follows Region List Selection->NOT!

I just swithed to OSX and PT 7 from OS9 + PT 5.1 . To my surprise, if I click a captured (not separated) region on the Region List it does NOT select the region on the track - in fact it doesn't do anything!!! I have been using this feature since early 90's... Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong???

On preferences the"Edit Selection Follows Region List Selection" and "Region List Selection Follows Edit Selection" are ON, naturally.

I did a search in DUC and found out this feature has probably been missing also on PT LE 6.x ...any ideas??

TIA

-ae

Message edited

..ok, Answering to myself: I trashed all the preferences as instructed in "General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools 6 & 7 Mac OS X" sticky - and that solved the problem! Hope this helps some body with a similar problem in the future..
-ae
Old 02-12-2006, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Edit Selection Follows Region List Selection->NOT!

...ok, now the problem is back just after a couple of days... I haven't changed anything...this is VERY annoying! I tried to fix the problem: Trashed all Digi prefs, trashed "Digidesign Databases" and rebooted (did this 4 times) but no luck...

So..if I capture a region i have NO WAY of locating it afterwards... However, locating SEPARATED regions on a track by selecting them on the region list works, which helps a bit (..otherwise PT would be useless for me..)

Clearly, this must be a bug. Could somebody from Digi PLEASE answer to this...

(My system: G5 2.0 GHZ, 1G RAM, MBOX2, PT 7 LE)

TIA

-ae

Edited

PS. Also, it would help a LOT to know if somebody else is also experiencing the same problem...
Old 03-14-2006, 05:18 AM

Upgraded to PT 7.1 ...and it still doesn't work.

Would somebody please be so kind to tell me if I'm the only one with this problem....

Digi support - wake up guys!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:22 PM

Ok, im not 100% if i follow you, am i reading that when you select a point in the timeline and when you push play then stop, Pro Tools doesnt return to the same point as it left off, it instead wants to just stop and start at the points at which you pressed start and stop. If this is the problem then just press 'N', i had the same problem, i think its located under the prefs under 'insertation follows playback' and is shortcutted by pushing N, so quite easy to hit accidentally. Post back and let us know.

Regards
Old 03-14-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Edit Sel Follows Region List Sel->NOT!

take a look in the region-list and see if 'show autocreated regions' is flagged and/or in prefs: autoname autocreated regions... I had something similar before and the first suggestion resolved it.