Amazing!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:21 PM

Default Re: No updates.Pure Stagnation.

Impressive overview Benoni!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipenoris View Post
I assume BIAS Desktop is the same as the iPhone/ iPad app, but, well, on desktop. Is that correct? Is there any improvement on being on a desktop besides being able to use on recording software? Is there any difference on sound quality? Is it really a 9,99 app suitable for professional recording?
yes, i can assure you that its the same exact algorithms that are being used, so no difference in sound so far, the only 2 noticeable differeces are the amp matching features and the PRICE increase to 10x...
ive tried it but it didnt excite me that much..(i own both ipad and desktop version..)
imho sgear blows it away in term of pure sound...in features bias has an edge but its too limited in effects (not present) and ir loading (not present)
Old 10-29-2014, 05:26 AM

Ok.. I finally got a copy of full featured BIAS Desktop.
As a first impression, it sounds good, and I´ll need more time to get a conclusion.

But... you can´t record with low latency monitoring, since it´s a plugin. Even with 128 samples of buffer size (lowest I could go) you can feel it.
You can get used to it... But if you never recorded with low latency monitoring you´re definitely missing out. That´s something you can do with the 11R and you can´t do with the plugin.

As Benoni pointed out, if you have 11R, you can always record with it using low latency monitoring, record the dry signal, and then apply the plugin.

Anyone knows if the ipad app have the same latency as the plugin? I mean, can you go lower latency on ipad ?
Old 11-11-2014, 12:03 PM

It's a shame that this Avid forum has gotten to the point of talking about other products because Avid is doing making any kind of update at all.

1. Simple things like Delay modulation between patches.

Set the tempo on Patch A to 120 and Patch B to 200. Then changes patches while playing. You're tone warp up to match the new delay settings. Sounds awful.

2. Can't send tuner data to GCP. Great. I have this nice GCP with all kinds of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] working, except my tuner, because it only displays at my rig. I had to buy low profile amp stands to move the 11R in front of my pedals. Defeats the entire purpose of a rack unit.

3. No Delay/Reverb spill over between patches. You just spent the last 32 measures building up this nice ambient sound and now it's time to change to your chorus patch? Say goodbye to those trailing sounds because as soon as you change patches you lose everything.

4. Can't set multiple functions between buttons. Example: Let's use an expression pedal and then when we click the button it would turn off the volume pedal and would turn on the wah. Not possible. This is still a challenge in this scenario because the volume and wah are on separate midi channels.

5. Auto-rig balancing: It's cool you can manually do this, but it would be really nice to have a single button to do this for you. You set the max output and it does the rest. I got mine via Sweetwater and they preloaded a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] ton of presets and they are all over the place volume wise.

6. One effect per setup. You can only use one delay. One chorus. Etc. That's terribly limiting.

7. Single, linear, signal chain. This should be much more powerful. Let me run two different amps. And let me choose what is and is not used in my rig. Don't default to the standard 7 slots.

There are too many issues to fully list them all. As with everything Avid they stop working on it, then they stop supporting it, then ProTools 13 comes out and you're rig no longer works.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:22 AM

I've spent quite a bit of time with BIAS, and the Kemper PA, and Axe FX II, and Ultra.

I still prefer the Eleven Rack overall. It has the best dynamics and touch-responsiveness of any of the sims (HW or SW) that I've used. The tones are great. It has just enough meat-and-potatoes FX to get me by.

I like having all of my guitar processing in 1 device. Using a software sim with pedals introduces complexity and inconsistency that I don't have the patience for (again, just me).

If the 11R had better converters all around I would use it as my sole audio I/O device. Maybe the Axe FX III will convert me (assuming there will be one). Who knows.

For now - the 'old', basically unsupported Eleven Rack works for me, and I could have about anything.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnSTL View Post
The tones are great. It has just enough meat-and-potatoes FX to get me by.

I like having all of my guitar processing in 1 device. Using a software sim with pedals introduces complexity and inconsistency that I don't have the patience for (again, just me).
+1
Old 11-18-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpp View Post
It's a shame that this Avid forum has gotten to the point of talking about other products because Avid is doing making any kind of update at all.

1. Simple things like Delay modulation between patches.

Set the tempo on Patch A to 120 and Patch B to 200. Then changes patches while playing. You're tone warp up to match the new delay settings. Sounds awful.

2. Can't send tuner data to GCP. Great. I have this nice GCP with all kinds of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] working, except my tuner, because it only displays at my rig. I had to buy low profile amp stands to move the 11R in front of my pedals. Defeats the entire purpose of a rack unit.

3. No Delay/Reverb spill over between patches. You just spent the last 32 measures building up this nice ambient sound and now it's time to change to your chorus patch? Say goodbye to those trailing sounds because as soon as you change patches you lose everything.

4. Can't set multiple functions between buttons. Example: Let's use an expression pedal and then when we click the button it would turn off the volume pedal and would turn on the wah. Not possible. This is still a challenge in this scenario because the volume and wah are on separate midi channels.

5. Auto-rig balancing: It's cool you can manually do this, but it would be really nice to have a single button to do this for you. You set the max output and it does the rest. I got mine via Sweetwater and they preloaded a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] ton of presets and they are all over the place volume wise.

6. One effect per setup. You can only use one delay. One chorus. Etc. That's terribly limiting.

7. Single, linear, signal chain. This should be much more powerful. Let me run two different amps. And let me choose what is and is not used in my rig. Don't default to the standard 7 slots.

There are too many issues to fully list them all. As with everything Avid they stop working on it, then they stop supporting it, then ProTools 13 comes out and you're rig no longer works.
Eleven Rack was first developed for recording and everything you mentioned is only specific for live environment. My 11R is giving me all I need for live use, and no less than the equipment I used to have. Looks like you didn't pickup the right equipment in the first place if you based your purchase criterias on unavailable features..
Old 11-18-2014, 08:05 AM

I did "Profile" my fav. sound from 11R and sold it. Could not be happier with Kemper since it has the sounds, the easy access to parameters, power amplifier so I can run a cab right off of it and it has dedicated controller with Behringer running Uno4Kemper chip. It even translates the tuner onto Behringer pedal.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldR View Post
Eleven Rack was first developed for recording and everything you mentioned is only specific for live environment. My 11R is giving me all I need for live use, and no less than the equipment I used to have. Looks like you didn't pickup the right equipment in the first place if you based your purchase criterias on unavailable features..
Exactly my thoughts.