Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2010, 02:22 PM

Default Grouped Track Playlist solo shortcut???

Hello,

Is there a shortcut for soloing grouped tracks playlists??

For example
If i'm comping 20 drum tracks in playlist view and i want to audition, lets say, the third take in the list, i press the solo button next to the track and it will play that playlist on that track instead of whatever is on the main playlist. Currently, to do this over 20 drum tracks, i have to manually select the solo for each playlist on every track. Is there a way to select solo on one track and have it affect all tracks in the group?

Hopefully i just missed something, because that would be a real time saver!

Thanks in advance,

-EP
Old 07-24-2010, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Grouped Track Playlist solo shortcut???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epik Productions View Post
Hello,

Is there a shortcut for soloing grouped tracks playlists??

For example
If i'm comping 20 drum tracks in playlist view and i want to audition, lets say, the third take in the list, i press the solo button next to the track and it will play that playlist on that track instead of whatever is on the main playlist. Currently, to do this over 20 drum tracks, i have to manually select the solo for each playlist on every track. Is there a way to select solo on one track and have it affect all tracks in the group?

Hopefully i just missed something, because that would be a real time saver!

Thanks in advance,

-EP
Search the manual for "group attributes". ff
Old 07-25-2010, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Grouped Track Playlist solo shortcut???

Grouped tracks or multi-mic'd tracks in playlist view is a great way to bring out the fail. For single track stuff like vocal it's awesome. For drum stuff, your playlists can get all mangled and you can end up with snare_02 and floor_04 and little way to get back. Save-as regularly. The only good method for this is to not use playlist view but switch between playlists the old way.

Solos don't default in group settings anymore; you have to modify the group to include solo.