Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2019, 10:23 AM

Default PT 10. Faderport 8. PT Recognizes HUI but no display, faders don't recall...

Everything's been running great and then about a week ago the faderport 8 stopped displaying info in the LCD, recalling fader positions when launching sessions, some lights work, some don't.

Oddly, all the buttons work. When I touch a fader, the DAW fader in PT suddenly jumps to the current position of the hardware fader and then follows motion.

I've factory reset, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, uninstalled my scarlett 18i20, reinstalled pro tools, swapped out usb cable, tried different ports.

Here's the weird thing. If I boot the faderport into studio 1 mode, everything works perfectly - display, lights, etc.

I've looked everywhere! The ONLY thing different is i added my piano sustain pedal to the footswitch to start/stop playback. thinking this might be the issue, i've disconnected several times and still the same issue.

is there something in pro tools that i've turned off by mistake?

thanks!