Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2012, 07:58 AM

Default function keys to view EQ or plug-ins?

My apologies if this question has already been answered, I've searched and can't find anything on it...

I'm wondering if there is a way to program the function keys on an SC48 so that with one press I could view FOH graphic EQ and have the graphic on faders... or to view a mon aux with the mix on faders and the graphic EQ on screen (and/or graphic EQ on faders, aux mix on encoders)... or an FX aux with the fx plug-in on screen and the ACS encoders, and the aux mix on the input encoders (or on faders)?

I would love to be able to toggle quickly to these - push the same function key again to return to whatever console state I was already in.

Is there a way to do that with function keys, events, and/or snapshots? I can't seem to figure it out if so. I think some of this can be done with view buttons and pinning view pages, but I can't easily test that out, because I'm working on the standalone Venue software - I don't have access to the console except during shows and soundchecks. Is it possible?
Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 PM

Default Re: function keys to view EQ or plug-ins?

Hi Adam, clearly a Yamaha user right? :)

Unfortunately no, that is not how you can make a Venue act. You need to select a channel and hit Plugins to see a plug, and probably hit Next Plugin to scroll to right one on your channel if you have several up there. And you need to select an output and hit 31 band EQ button to recall up your graphic on faders. To have your aux mix on faders you need to program an event that will be triggered when soloing an output that in turn triggers action called "bottom row flip to faders", and in addition for this to work you also need to select "Auxes follow AFL" from preferences.

Coming from using a lot of Yamaha these things bothered me too, but like with most things, you get used to it...
Old 07-04-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
Hi Adam, clearly a Yamaha user right? :)

Unfortunately no, that is not how you can make a Venue act. You need to select a channel and hit Plugins to see a plug, and probably hit Next Plugin to scroll to right one on your channel if you have several up there. And you need to select an output and hit 31 band EQ button to recall up your graphic on faders. To have your aux mix on faders you need to program an event that will be triggered when soloing an output that in turn triggers action called "bottom row flip to faders", and in addition for this to work you also need to select "Auxes follow AFL" from preferences.

Coming from using a lot of Yamaha these things bothered me too, but like with most things, you get used to it...
Drat! That's what I was afraid of!!

Yeah, that's definitely a big help on the Yamaha boards, and would be very useful on the Venue systems. Whenever I've mixed on one, they've been pretty easy to get around on, except that the function keys can't do those very useful things. I was hoping there was a way to do it, and I'd just happened to run into a lot of systems that weren't set up that way already by the system engineers... I sure hope this feature is added!!

Thanks for replying.

So, if I have my reverbs and delays returning to channels, and I select the return channel, and hit plugins, will it go right to that plugin?
Old 07-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Yes, to that plugin, or the plugin rack overview, in that case you hit plugins once again and this time you'll see the plugin.