Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Bug in session transferred from DP via Digi-Traslator

Even though I didn't know what the nightmare would be involving DP files to PT sessions, I just knew it would be a nightmare.

I'm in the beginning stages of mixing a record done all in Digital Performer, that I transferred into PT via Digi-Translator 2.0.
After coughing up the $315.00(ouch!) it cost to upgrade to 5.1.3; and downloading a 15-day triaI version of DigiTranslator 2.0, I successfully imported 9 songs from DP into PT.
I'm now in the process of doing prep/pre-mixing/fixing on all 9 songs before the client arrives.

The first thing I noticed was that my mouse seems to be freezing a lot since I upgraded to 5.1.3.

I called digi tech support (a rare oppurtunity since I actually qualified for live tech support since, I recently purchased an upgrade), and they said the mouse freezing was either USB or system software related.
My keyboard and mouse have always been attached to a hub, as a way of extending the USB cable so I don't have to have the tower near the console. About once a week typically, my mouse would freeze, and I'd simply unplug the mouse and keyboard, then plug it back in, and all was well, no big deal.
Today, my mouse mouse has freezed at least 10 times, and I won't un-freeze even if I plug it in directly to the CPU. So I'm essentailly crashed.
Well it's probably not the USB hub, so I go ahead and re-install the system software(MacOS 9.2.2 BTW). But it still keep's freezing. This is very frustrating being as I have spent more time re-booting my computer today than mixing.

Now here's the real problem:
Occasionaly on these sessions that I created from DP OMF files; when I attempt to seperate regions, it automatically changes the region to a region from another related file.

For example:
Let's say I have 2 grouped tracks: Kick & Snare.
When I attempt to seperate a region (command-E), both tracks become kick tracks.
The names of the tracks don't change, but the regions in the current playlist do.

I thought that maybe I had a corrupted session, so I created a new session and imported just the drum tracks from the problem session. When I group all 10 drum tracks together, and then seperate regions; all the playlist turn into "kick-out".

What is going on?

Hopefully I've explained this clearly,, if anyone has a work-around please let me know. I have to have these tracks ready to be mixed tomorrow, or else I lose a day's billing.

Thanks in advance.
Ken Sluiter