Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2019, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Need to upgrade my computer, is it even possible?

that is pretty awesome and what I've heard as well. And you get that free 60-day trial just to try it out before committing to buying it which I really liked. Then somebody went ahead and suggested getting a Macintosh so I could run Logic Pro X. the only Daw I've used was Pro Tools SE and Pro Tools Express. The guy that recommended Logic Pro X said he thought it was the other best d a w Which is similar and wouldnt feel like a downgrade.

Having a hard time deciding because a new computer or Mac is a huge purchase and I won't have the money to do so again for at least another 10 years.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Need to upgrade my computer, is it even possible?

Not a Logic person, but my understanding is Logic for sequencing and Pro Tools for mixing. Since this is a Pro Tools forum, you should find many people who will say the same thing. If you are not doing any or much sequencing, Logic - and the extra cost of a Mac - may not be where you want to be.

As I suggested previously, run Reaper on the computer you have. If Reaper will do all you want, you may already have your answer before spending any more time and money.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction