Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 12:45 PM

Default repair of switches?

Does anybody know what to do as far as replacing switches on the c-24? Does digi sell replacement parts? My go to start switch is stuck at the bottom of it's throw and will not come out. Are there any repair shops any of you guys know about? Need help.

thanks,

BarkingDog
Old 01-17-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: repair of switches?

We once had to fix my scrub button.
If I can remember correctly, you have to go in through the bottom. There are a lot of screws, and it seemed a bit stressful at the time, but its not really that hard. The switches on those buttons are a micro switches(the ones which only depress about 1/2 a millimeter) and the button that your finger pushes is just a plastic shroud that sits over top of the microswitch. The button uses its own plastic for the hinging action(it bends) and that is probably the bit which is broken. You will probably find that there is nothing wrong with the micro switch itself.
If you need to use the broken button in the short term, you can swap it for one of the plastic shrouds from a button that you don't use!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Re: repair of switches?

Thanks for the reply. Digi sent the switch recently and it is just as you described. I plan to replace it today. Digi is very good about sending out parts and they are not expensive at all.