Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2014, 01:18 PM

Default Help exporting panning effect?

So I have about 8 different sessions that I am ready to export into a WAV. files for cds and uploading and whatnot...

everything sounds phenomenal but I cant seem to export the "tl auto panning" automation that I basically have a bit of on all 8 sessions. Now the panning is not on the whole session but on certain tracks within the session. Mainly for stutter effects and delays.

when I bounce it out to disk, everything else including reverbs, delays, effects, etc. exports just right... except for that panning effect that comes and goes from right to left (or vice versa). its an important aesthetic in the songs I am making.

so my question is: How do I export the sessions into WAV. files with the proper panning effects that I have created?

p.s. I have pro tools 10 and I have self taught myself around the program... in other words I dont know all the technical terms for things, if its possible, please make it simple for me to follow :)
Old 09-27-2014, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Help exporting panning effect?

first thought would be the effect is output on a different output than the output you are bouncing

second thought Automation is sacrificed to keep the bounce handler full, try changing the outputs from the output to a Bus and bussing to a new stereo track and record the mix instead of bouncing it

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-27-2014, 04:26 PM

hey thanks for the response Craig,

so I went ahead and recorded the mix instead of bouncing and the panning was successful. however, how would i proceed to bouncing it into a WAV. file for itunes and whatnot?

Im about to to try bouncing it and see if that works, is there anything else that could help?
Old 09-27-2014, 05:55 PM

Just export the recorded file now.. Select the audio clip and press Cmd+shift+k. No need to bounce it.