Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2018, 09:48 PM

Default Updated Hard Drive, reinstalled and audio drops in and out

I have Pro Tools 12.5 running on Windows 10. I recently upgraded to a SSD and am trying to start over, I've installed all my software, drivers, etc. and now I can finally get into Pro Tools after some Waves problems, I'm having issues with my files.

I've always kept my files on an external drive. The files are all there, they show up, but when I open a session and push play, the audio on any given individual track will drop in and out. What's odd is you can still hear in routed through the busses and you hear the faint delay and reverb, but you don't hear any direct audio from that track. Maybe a sample rate thing? Hardware acceleration thing?

If anyone has any ideas, please hit me up.

Thank you so much.
Michael
Old 11-30-2018, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Updated Hard Drive, reinstalled and audio drops in and out

Needs tons more info to offer any good advice(read from the link above named Help Us Help You). Audio dropping out could be many things(especially if you are new to all this stuff). There could be automation, look for clips that are grey'd out(which means the actual audio is muted). Go to Setup>Hardware and set your buffer as high as it can go and check again. If that helps, then maybe the computer is choking. Also, some plugins will randomly mute if they are running in demo mode(you re-installed everything, but did you re-authorize everything?). If you hold the SHIFT key while opening a session, all plugins will be made inactive. Try playing your session like that to see if audio still drops out or not.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave