Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2020, 10:00 AM

Default Timing issues printing through bus sends?

Hi all,

I'm having a strange issue and wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom? I'm trying to print effected audio from one track to another via a bus send. Specifically it's pitch corrected audio in Melodyne. I'm finding, when I do this though the timing is always slightly off, in the range of roughly 35 samples at 96k. I've been experimenting with turning Delay Compensation off, or leaving it on and bypassing the cmp setting on the tracks. I've also gone as far as making every other track in the session inactive and lowering the buffer to 256. There are no other plugins on and no other bus sends, etc... just the two tracks with one instance of Melodyne. I also tried routing via a "send" vs the track's output set to the bus.

The pointed track actually has the newly recorded audio file showing before the original on the timeline in ever instance.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Tom
Mac OS 10.11.6, 2010 cheese grater dual quad core 2.4, Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.12.0, 24GB RAM, HDX1
Old 05-06-2020, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Timing issues printing through bus sends?

Do freeze or commit also result in the same outcome?

I would suspect Melodyne as the culprit. Perhaps even something odd going on as the audio was captured. Run a test on a new track with a snippet of audio. Turn off delay compensation and capture it with Melodyne and then see if it too is ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control