How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2023, 09:44 AM

Default Re: ElastiquePro

Here's another example of it not working right :

Running real-time : sounds fine https://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1685983384

Commit : what the hell is that spike and what is it doing in my audio? https://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1685983384

Commit using Poly instead : works as expected (i.e. good enough for this scenario) https://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1685983384
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ElastiqueLive.jpg (24.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ElastiqueCommit.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PolyCommit.jpg (23.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-05-2023, 03:24 PM

Hmmm, maybe this is only happening on Mac? I have not seen it on Windows(yet). In any case, what happens if you bus the audio to a new track and record it in real time? I understand this takes extra time, but if it yields the desired result, at least that helps

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-05-2023, 03:50 PM

They all sound like a picket fence, after a certain point......some sounds work better with these things than others.....if I could get one that could go 75% without crapping it out.....the one in PT now can get to about 81% before it renders it useless
Old 06-05-2023, 05:22 PM

Has anyone logged this as a bug?

This can’t be expected behaviour and it would be beneficial to let AVID know if they’re not currently aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2023, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Has anyone logged this as a bug?

This can’t be expected behaviour and it would be beneficial to let AVID know if they’re not currently aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As always with these things, they can be a pain to try and replicate consistently, and though I try and get to the bottom of these things when I have time, sometimes work gets in the way...
Old 06-07-2023, 09:02 AM

I found I had problem with it not timing correctly when I was using it on tracks with multiple comped clips, when I faded/consolidated the track first then started using Elastique it performed much better.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:08 AM

This is under known issues for 2023.3

"Elastic Audio

élastique [Elastic Audio] warping is not working correctly if used on small selections. This is a design limitation. It is suggested to use this on entire songs or longer selections, or to use polyphonic instead. (PT-299616)

In my case, I thought my clips were still plenty long enough and it was still drifting. But maybe there can't be other shorter clips on the track? I'm not sure and I need to do more experimenting. I just stopped using it because it isn't reliable.

I sure hope this known issue can be resolved as it would be awesome if it could be used as reliably as the other elastic algorithms.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 06-08-2023, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
This is under known issues for 2023.3

"Elastic Audio

élastique [Elastic Audio] warping is not working correctly if used on small selections. This is a design limitation. It is suggested to use this on entire songs or longer selections, or to use polyphonic instead. (PT-299616)

In my case, I thought my clips were still plenty long enough and it was still drifting. But maybe there can't be other shorter clips on the track? I'm not sure and I need to do more experimenting. I just stopped using it because it isn't reliable.

I sure hope this known issue can be resolved as it would be awesome if it could be used as reliably as the other elastic algorithms.
If this is a design limitation then perhaps they should have refrained from including the algorithm altogether. What constitutes a 'small' or 'longer' section? If these values are known then the software should warn the user. If the value isn't known then what were they thinking when they handed us an unpredictable new tool? Didn't this come up during testing? uuuuuugh.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
If this is a design limitation then perhaps they should have refrained from including the algorithm altogether. What constitutes a 'small' or 'longer' section? If these values are known then the software should warn the user. If the value isn't known then what were they thinking when they handed us an unpredictable new tool? Didn't this come up during testing? uuuuuugh.
I completely agree - if it doesn't work for a "small" section, and it's known that it doesn't work, then it shouldn't have been released. Or at least come with some sort of major health warning.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:42 AM

none of my audio appears to be the "right length". pray tell, what is the right length ?

I wasted an entire day's work using this crap algorithm, before seeing others were getting the same predictably bad unusable results.

this is like the 1-tick-off grid edit bug . . . none of my sessions are at the "right tempo".
I think Avid have simply given up. That's why they're "for sale".