How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Default Losing Audio Data and Waveform Rendering Issues

Have any Pro Tools Gurus seen anything like this before?:

I am having an issue where portions of a successfully recorded, rendered, and reviewed audio file are disappearing, without actually corrupting or splitting up the file.

See Screen Capture:
http://youtu.be/DCMm_AtCDe0

We recorded straight to Avid ISIS & I am suspect of the ISIS as (to my knowledge) this hasn't happened in the past on local drives. Although waveform rendering issues have happened in the past...

Any input would be greatly appreciated, while I doubt it is possible at this point, any possibility that I'll be able to recover our assets?

Specs:
Mac OS 10.8.4
Pro Tools 10.3.6
Avid ISIS 4.2
Isis Client 4.2.0.9535
Old 10-08-2013, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Losing Audio Data and Waveform Rendering Issues

Yeah,

I have seen similar but using a different storage array... Our issues werent operational waveform loss but when exporting clips/stems (not bounce to disk) the resulting waveforms had dropouts like this.... they claimed it was due to the storage system... our workaround was to use bounce to disk instead of exporting clips that were printed to track....

Have you tried to create a new session and import the data from that session and see if it solves the issue? Also, I assume your running HD, have you tried disk caching the entire session?
Old 10-08-2013, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the reply - Surprisingly we're still using a 3rd Gen Mbox. OMNI Upgrade on the 2014 horizon.

When I import session data, it corrects the waveform glitch in that it accurately represents the dropout. But alas, the same dropouts are still there. Luckily we've recorded enough coverage to work around the issue.

I am glad to get some confirmation that it may be a disk issue.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:42 PM

Its definitely a storage array issue... We were told a storage firmware update was in the works for the fix, but have yet to see it fixed... As for Isis that was an issue early on that was suppose to be fixed, Id check for an update for firmware for your Isis.... I have spoken to Avid about these issues and they did verify this was an issue with early Isis along with other 3rd party storage that figured out how to play well with Media composer.

Surprised its working that well on a non HD system as the disk cache feature seemed to be the butter that made this kind of network storage editing and recording possible.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Excellent, thanks again!!!!