Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 07:43 AM

Default linking two 002r, is it possible?

I heard it was possible two cascade two 002r's to get more outputs.
This guy I know said his friend is setup that way, what do you think?
He is checking with him to see how he does it.
I want to mix out of the box and was wondering what was the best way to get more ouputs.

Thanks, Eric M.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: linking two 002r, is it possible?

the only way you can run 2 002r's togehter is with 2 differnt computers and you would
need to use an external clock to sync the 2
Old 03-25-2005, 08:44 AM

Quote:
the only way you can run 2 002r's togehter is with 2 differnt computers and you would
need to use an external clock to sync the 2
Just to be clear, you don't need an external device to sync the two, you can use the ADAT or S/PDIF to sync the converters, and MIDI to sync the transports.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:22 AM

Thats kind of a strange setup, it would be to much trouble.
I might just use what I have and mix out in stems to a mixing console.

Thanks, Eric.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:41 AM

What is the point of 2??? Running out of tracks? Use ACID 5, drag your audio to that and free up tracks if needed. Does not make sense to string 2 together. Go HD if that is the case.

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 03-25-2005, 11:31 AM

Read my initial thread, its states I want more ouputs not more tracks.
I want to mix out of the box thats why I want more outputs, cupish?

Eric.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:40 AM

You can get 18 outputs using the ADAT and s/pdif outs and the right outboard gear.

The only way to use two digi interfaces at the same time would be to use two computers.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 03-25-2005, 12:09 PM

Paris,
I guess I misunderstood your initial thread "capish." As far as getting more outputs... go get yourself a APOGEE Rosetta 800 and a nice S/PDIF direct box and take full advantage of the 002. Not that I would know anything about that capability? (see gear page on my site below) but hey, just trying to help you some. The Rosetta or any A/D D/A convertor will open doors to that unit so much it is crazy. 18 ins and 18outs. Plenty of I/O for anyone to track a full band, live, or even a small orchestra if you place the mics properly. So with that I hope you will better find the answers that you seek "capish!"

For the record: Your initial thread reads "Linking 2 002R, is it possible.

And for the other record, I mix with a lot of outboard gear outside the box and that was the main reason why I bought the Rosetta 800. Need to attach A H-3000, Lexicon PCM-90, a few other verbs and FX, Distressors, Compressors, and some other cheesy stuff that makes the sounds I need.

Hope this helps....

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 03-25-2005, 12:16 PM

Maybe we will get this in LE 6.8

It would be nice to be able too use two of them on one PC instead of using another ext. converter unit. It would be real nice if the 192 or 96 interfaces worked in standalone mode like the old 888/24 interface did. But this brings a though to mind. I know the LE software might not see or allow you to use 2 interfaces at the same time but, Anyone know if you did connect 2 le interfaces to a computer....would they both work(have power & audio)????

Maybe if they both did power up one one computer..... audio would flow in/out of each unit? The 1st interface would be use as normal and the 2nd would be connected via the adat optical I/O's to the 1st LE unit(similar to using an ext pre/converter, Octopre or Digimax, etc). I think the problem might come with what unit will the Software see as the main interface? If the software somehow would see the 1st unit and bypass the 2nd unit maybe this would work?????? It kight be a long shot, but one can only try.

Quote:
6. How can I use the 888/24 in Stand Alone mode & how can I tell if it is in Stand Alone mode?

To use your 888/24 as a ‘stand alone' 24 bit Analog-Digital or Digital-Analog converter:

Quit Pro Tools if it is launched.

For Analog-Digital conversion, be sure to disconnect or turn off any external digital devices (DAT machines, effects processors, etc.) that may be providing word clock information to the 888/24's AES/EBU or S/PDIF channel 1 & 2 inputs.

An AES/EBU (or S/PDIF — see below) word clock signal is necessary for Digital-Analog conversion in Stand Alone mode. Be sure to have a digital device providing word clock connected to the AES/EBU inputs 1 & 2 of the 888/24 interface.

In Stand Alone mode, the 888/24's default word clock input port is AES/EBU, unless changed to S/PDIF via the corresponding internal jumper setting. Please refer to the 888/24 I/O Installation Guide for specific instructions and guidance.

To verify that the 888/24 is in Stand Alone mode:

Check to see that the "analog" LED display for meters 1 & 2 is flashing. The LED flashes between a half-lit state to full display.

Turn off your CPU.

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 03-25-2005, 12:34 PM

This how I see it:

If LE 6.8 or 7.0 allows 2 interfaces on one computer.

those who complaint about BTD.
would buy 2 LE units then connect 2 additional converter units (Onyx 800r, Octopre, DigiMax) for a total of 32 I/Os (analog). connect all those to an analog mixing board and do Da do.

and others will still BTD like before.

WOuld this hurt HD sales?
Maybe

Would this open up the midrange market Digi is missing?
Maybe (maybe with the ability 2 connect 3 leunits)

just brainstroming folks..............

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE