Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 01:02 AM

Default PC reboots when closing ProTools

I just recently replaced my mackie VLZ Pro 1202 and M-Audio Delta 66 and cubase VST setup with the DIGI002 Factory and protools 6.4 rig. Primarily looking for more flexibility and standardization for multitracking not so much sequence and midi work. Ive done a handy amount of research as well read most of the getting started and also browsed thru this board. Out of the gate Im having issues already and I just went thru the install tonight and was looking forward to doing some live tracking to get familiar with the system but Ive noticed already a couple issues:

o Right after installing the software and launching the protools software it notified me the digi002 needed the firmware flashed but it continuoiusly failed to load the code (after about 4 attempts) I shut down the 2 network controllers (onboard lan and wireless PCI) and it was able to take the upgrade.
Odd since they didnt appear to be riding the same bus but it did help my issue or it was coincidence.

o Each time i launch the software (about 4-5 times) it continues to notify me about the trial plugins and asking me to authorize or try. Is this going to contine until I move forward? Isnt the try for 30 days good enough to bypass these loads until the expiration?

o Each time I exit ProTools the PC reboots?? This shouldnt be the case and Im unsure why.

As you can see I didnt make it much further then getting the console out of the box, wired up to my desktop and some cables plugged in before the issues. I havent been able to run any recommended tests (which I cant seem to locate the DAVEC benchmark specs) or the digi demo test app. I need to get the immediate issues addressed before I can examine the software and recording interface/console I hope this isnt a sign of headaches to come..

My system is setup as such:

CPU P4 3GHZ 800mhz FSB/1m l2 cache)
ASUS MB P4c800-E (875p chipset)
512mb PC3200 DDR

20GB WD system HD
60GB ATA-133 Maxtor HD for audio (some point will upgrade to 200GB SATA but I want to see how this is working or if Im just going to take it back since I wanted less headaches then my configuration prior to this not more)
OS: XP Pro SP2 (i know Ive seen issues with SP2 (which makes no sense as this should be top priority for DigiDesign to get compatible with) but its all I had to install)

Any ideas so far? FWIW i dloaded and will install 2morrow Pro Tools LE 6.4cs9 but the fixes and issues I read differ then the variant Ive seen :/
Old 11-11-2004, 06:48 AM

Default Re: PC reboots when closing ProTools

Hi,

I had the same problem yesterday evening. First time install of PT LE 6.4 on a brand new P4 HT, SP2, 925x chipset. I could start PT, but when opening a session or closing PT, Windows crashed with a BAD_POOL_CALLER blue screen. I downloaded and installed the cs9 update and the problem went away. Now running 32 tracks of 16/44.1 from a USB2 drive with no problems.

Good luck.

/Preben Friis
Old 11-11-2004, 12:45 PM

I installed the update and it still performed the same way. Im going to uninstall and start over with the patch handy as well and see what luck I have..
Old 11-12-2004, 10:00 AM

ok a follow up to this. I ended up having to wipe the install and reinstalling XP and i used SP1a - went thry all the setup and everything else of Pro Tools and I was successfully able to work with the software so far with no issues. The demo worked and I was able to begin to do some multitracking and things seem fine so far. The patch didnt work for my issue so SP1a was the only option..