Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2016, 01:34 PM

Default Can't drag in samples with different samplerate.

Hi there,

I recently bought a new samplepack for my collection. It's at 24/96.
Most of my samples are in 24/48 and so are most of the post production projects I work on.
The problem I have is that I can't click&drag the higher sampled clips from my workspace to the editor.
Is there anyway for Pro Tools to automatically convert the files so I cán click&drag them? Importing them through the File>Import>Audio>"find the file between tens of thousands of files" is not an option.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-15-2016, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Can't drag in samples with different samplerate.

Drag straight from the directory into the clip bin. Forget Workspace. I drag from folders and even some library apps like Basehead (provided the app has the functionality).

Also in the Processing preferences tab I have "Automatically Copy Files on Import" in the Import section. There is also a check box for "Convert copied files to session format" but I have never had that checked. Regardless whenever I drag files into sessions they convert on import.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Can't drag in samples with different samplerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX-1Bk2 View Post
Drag straight from the directory into the clip bin. Forget Workspace. I drag from folders and even some library apps like Basehead (provided the app has the functionality).

Also in the Processing preferences tab I have "Automatically Copy Files on Import" in the Import section. There is also a check box for "Convert copied files to session format" but I have never had that checked. Regardless whenever I drag files into sessions they convert on import.
Wow, dragging from the windows File Explorer dóes import the sample correctly onto a track, that is so weird.. I tried both checkboxes but both won't let me import the samples, neither right from the workspace nor via the Clip List.
I like the workspace because I don't have to switch between apps all the time, plus, the windows File Explorer doesn't look at the metadata and Metadigger can't seem to take multiple searchwords (looking for both words in one sample) so this problem is doing my head in.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway!