Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 AM

Default missing iLok authorization with Pro Tools Express Akai Edition

Hi, please help. I bought the Axiom Air 46 midi keybored and it came with Pro tools express Akai Professional / M-audio Edition. I've registerd the ilok and re-installed pro tools but it keeps on telling me "Error, missing iLok authorization for Pro Tools Express. Please insert a necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools Express". What should I do now coz I've re-installed it three times already? I'm using Windows 7 ultimate
Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 AM

Default Re: ilok not authorizing?

Did you sync your ilok?

Does your device manager see your Ilok?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:56 AM

Default Re: missing iLok authorization with Pro Tools Express Akai Edition

Has your Pro Tools Express license been activated on your iLok account? If so, have you then transferred it from your iLok account onto your iLok device?

When I received my Pro Tools Express my issue was that I never received a proper activation code. I had to contact Akai and have a proper activation code e-mailed to me. The new activation code allowed me to activate Pro Tools Express under my iLok username and from the iLok License Manager I transferred the license to my iLok device.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:49 PM

I was just about to post exactly the same problem, so I thought to mention it in this thread.

I went through the downloading of iLok licence manager v2.4.3 , have a second generation iLok in my USB port with the Pro Tools Akai Professional / M Audio Edition Primer product activated on the iLok.

Device Manager on the computer says iLok is installed (under dongles) with everything enabled.

I can xfer licences backwards and forwards from my iLok to my online iLok account. I can also synchronise the iLok with the online account.

Running the Pro Tools Express application however, gives exactly the error message indicated in this thread.

Is there any email address for Avid technical support to get this followed up ?

I have already reported the problem to iLok - here is their reply ..

Hello,

If a license that is on your iLok is not authorizing the associated software, please contact the software developer of the software you are attempting to use for further information on the use and authorization of their product.

Understand that the software developers are the only ones capable of licensing their products. PACE merely builds the infrastructure for the software publishers to distribute their products in the way that is consistent with their licensing terms.

iLok technical support
Old 01-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
I went through the downloading of iLok licence manager v2.4.3 , have a second generation iLok in my USB port with the Pro Tools Akai Professional / M Audio Edition Primer product activated on the iLok.
The Primer is not the final license. You should have also received an Activation Code to register Pro Tools Express and deposit the full license on your iLok account.

Quote:
Is there any email address for Avid technical support to get this followed up ?
Sticky: Pro Tools Express software - Start Here!
Quote:
For help with Activation or Installation see the Pro Tools Express Installation Overview

Akai Professional & M-Audio Interfaces
Support and downloads for all of the Pro Tools Express software included with the InMusic Brands M-Audio and Akai interfaces is provided by InMusic, not by Avid. You can get downloads and help from their website here:
Installing and Authorizing Avid Pro Tools Express
www.inmusicbrands.com/ptex
Old 01-06-2015, 12:50 AM

OK..

So I have an Avid Pro tools Express Authorization code which when I go to the
Avid Software Activation and Download link page and enter my Authorization Code..I get the following message :-

We are sorry, but this code has already been used to activate software, and can only be used once.

If you have previously used this code to activate your product, please check your account for your downloads and codes.

If this is the first time you've used this code and it shows as already used, please contact customer support.

So - now I need to contact Avid customer support ..when no email address or any other contact method is given ...so we go around in a circle again ...
Old 01-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
So - now I need to contact Avid customer support ..when no email address or any other contact method is given ...so we go around in a circle again ...
In this case, because the Pro Tools Express software is sold and distributed by InMusic Brands, you would contact InMusic (Akai Professional or M-Audio support, depending on which product you purchased) for support and assistance:
Quote:
Akai Professional & M-Audio Interfaces
Support and downloads for all of the Pro Tools Express software included with the InMusic Brands M-Audio and Akai interfaces is provided by InMusic, not by Avid. You can get downloads and help from their website here:
Installing and Authorizing Avid Pro Tools Express
www.inmusicbrands.com/ptex
Old 02-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Bruce...Yes - finally I got there....

After registering my M Audio M track Quad device I obtained a complimentary support code which I was then able to use to post a query to M Audio technical support regarding the problem I was having when I input the authorisation code contained on the Pro Tools Express card i.e. -
'We are sorry, but this code has already been used to activate software, and can only be used once'

Eventually, I received a response from inmusicbrands technical support regarding this support case who created a new authorisation code for me.

This time when I input the new code on the Avid Software Activation and Download link page I was then able to move on, surrender the primer licence and install the final licence on my iLok account, which was then subsequently transferred to the iLok usb device.

With the M Audio M Track Quad device attached I was then finally able to download the M Audio ASIO driver for the M track Quad device and then run Pro tools Express for the first time.

I notice however that you cannot run Pro Tools express without both the M Track Quad and iLok device being connected.

In addition, I don't seem to be able to find a way of configuring the Pro Tools Express software to use my normal Auzuntech sound system as a playback engine..the only selection available is the M audio M track Quad with ASIO driver.

Is it possible to allow the Pro Tools Express software to run without the M Track Quad connected ?
Old 02-24-2015, 10:05 AM

Default missing iLok authorization Pro Tools 10

Hello.
I can only work for 1 or 2 hours in pro tools. After that time the message that I have the iLok appears. And send my report to the people of iLok and its response was that it was going by a supposed failure to feed the iLok. They recommended me to wear a powered USB hub so I bought one and the problem persists.
This problem started when upgrading to the latest version of licencer manager.