Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2013, 06:08 AM

Default Sizing the Splash Screen.

I can't seem to find anyone who can tell me how to go about sizing the Splash Screen. (I think that's what you call it?) Its the backing screen behind the Edit and Mix windows in Pro tools. By the way I'm Windows 7. On my pc I have a top tool bar and the part of the screen in question, the File, Edit, Track, etc. selections, are partially hidden behind it. Some times it's difficult to mouse click precisely on the proper selection when I'm in a hurry. Basic pc 101 I know but I didn't get it in class! Thanks for putting up with my ignorance! I appreciate your help.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Sizing the Splash Screen.

Terry I think that partially the back grey screen is a byproduct of the default resolution of your computers graphics -

So you can also play with that setting if some controls don't appear on screen !

Cheers
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
I can't seem to find anyone who can tell me how to go about sizing the Splash Screen. (I think that's what you call it?) Its the backing screen behind the Edit and Mix windows in Pro tools. By the way I'm Windows 7. On my pc I have a top tool bar and the part of the screen in question, the File, Edit, Track, etc. selections, are partially hidden behind it. Some times it's difficult to mouse click precisely on the proper selection when I'm in a hurry. Basic pc 101 I know but I didn't get it in class! Thanks for putting up with my ignorance! I appreciate your help.
Terry Close the edit and mix window for the moment, you can reopen them later. If you are using two screens, you can actually spread the main window (the one with the grey background) across both screen pretty easily. First you need to set PT to be in window mode by clicking the appropriate icon that is the one just left to the red x, to be more clear it's the one in the middle of the 3 icons that are part of a group with the red x at the top right corner of your screen. Once that is done, you can now go and click and drag the edge of the pro tools window so it overlap on the other screen completely. Now adjust the top and bottom part of the PT window so that it fills completely both screens. Now once that is done press ctrl-f5 (if my memory is right) and it will save that configuration. Close and start Pro tools again. Now open both your edit and mix windows and set them as you want the (one on each screen for example) press CTRl-f5 again, close pro tools and when you open it again, it will remember the configuration. You might have to redo the edit and mix window with new sessions, but the main configuration should be saved. There's a guy that did a small app about this with more options but I don't remember the name or where to get it, if I do I'll pm you.

Wave-T.com
Old 12-06-2013, 08:33 AM

Hey Manny, Your suggestion worked for me on a 2 monitor setup, but as you said, you do have to move the mix and edit windows around for a new session or when opening up old sessions for the first time. The Ctrl-F5 is to zoom the edit window, so there must be some other command to save the configuration. I clicked on Help-Keyboard Shortcuts and got the message: Could not find help file "windows Shortcuts.pdf", so I will have to look for it manually.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:38 AM

Thanks many, Emcha audio. I'll try your method. I gave up on the 2 screen boogie and went to a larger, flat screen monitor. I am also wondering if there is a way to just eliminate the top Windows tool bar but be able to bring it back on demand by mousing to the top of the screen?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:22 AM

There's a member on here called guitardom and he's made a program called Skootch which is great for getting the screen sorted how you like. I use it for three monitors and couldn't use pro tools without it now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 12-07-2013, 10:41 AM

Hey Terry, I also am running a 32" LED TV as my main screen Re the Windows toolbar, if you right-click on it and select Properties, there is a check box for Auto-Hide. That makes it disappear until you mouse to the edge where it lives(and it can live on any edge-top, bottom or either side). Having said that, I found it somewhat of a PITA as it kept popping up whenever my mouse got near it, so I gave up and leave it showing at the bottom of the screen

BTW, what you called the splash screen is actually called the "parent" window. The real "splash screen" is the first PT logo that appears when you open the program

Not sure how you go about switching between MIX and EDIT windows, but I love my little Presonus Faderport as it has buttons on it to select the window. One of the best $120 I ever spent(right behind a UPS for the computer)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-07-2013, 11:20 AM

Get the windows where you want them then close with alt>F4. It SHOULD store your window positions.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Get the windows where you want them then close with alt>F4. It SHOULD store your window positions.
It does indeed for me(and has for years)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-08-2013, 05:50 AM

Thanks everyone who responded to this. albee. parent screen. Got it! I'm gonna' try your method of hiding the tool bar unless needed. I usually just mouse to the Window heading on the PT's tools bar and select back and forth between Mix And Edit to choose the one I want to view. albee. is the Presonus Faderport an interface? Thanks