Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler View Post
Personally I don't enjoy wading thru 20 posts of bitching to locate that one bit of info I may need in a hurry.
I wouldn't mind DUC being a bit more like a dictatorship in this regard, ecpecially seeing that it is by far the most useful Pro Tools support tool.
Yes
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Forum Terms of Use discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFang View Post
Mighty Duck is generally right as far as I can tell...and a very well informed dude regarding ProTools rigs.

That hobo stuff seemed like his attempt to deflect all the negativity from guys that either

A. Don't understand
B. Don't like the idea that someone else may be right and they may be wrong.
or

C. Don't understand, but feel like berating someone.
perhaps if youd read what has been deleted you would not feel so. From racial slurs to complete and utter ridiculousness borderline destruction of the forum kind of stuff. I never speak ill of people on this forum. We all are entitled to our opinions and our ways of getting it done. But this guy was a lunatic!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFang View Post
judging by the folks have been acting towards a guy like me lately, I highly doubt he acted like a lunatic...probably a genuine soul who wanted to contribute, but was forced into a corner by native fanboys (with all the time in the world) that didn't like hearing the truth.

PS. How am I supposed to read deleted posts?
That why I said "If you had read" Like I said. I read your posts, and your strongly opinionated, but nope this guy was a freakin nut. I remember.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
.......but nope this guy was a freakin nut. I remember.
Nutcase Total Nutcase - he felt he had been wronged and needed to make himself feel better

The kind of guy you do not want to own a handgun
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:13 AM

Yes, there were a lot more threads/posts that got deleted. While I agree that he has a lot of knowledge, that definitely doesn't mean that everything he said was fact. The hobo thing, due to it's entertainment value, was actually the only way he could attempt to insult people without getting his posts deleted. Most of the stuff he posted before that just got deleted within the hour.

There will always be disagreements on the DUC, and I don't have a problem with that. The current bickerings are much, much more civilized than the masterduk days were. And while I did see a lot of the more offensive posts he made, I'm sure I missed quite a few of them. He seemed to be on this forum all day long for several weeks. I'm not sure if he got fired and was taking it out on this forum or what, but he had what seemed like unlimited free time. Not to mention there were some serious anger management issues.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Also in regards to DigiTechSupports original post. Over the years there has been very little policing of threads and in general the freedom to discuss anything not specifically forbidden by the terms of use. This has lead to some rather spirited discussions. Not every online forum is as lenient. Hopefully things stay that way. Easiest way to ensure that is to just be civil.
+1