Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-26-2014, 01:33 PM

Default Done.

After all of this time I simply can't believe that AVID refuses to care about its artist series customers. This is my pretty amazing rig, well in theory pretty amazing. Whenever eucontrol decides to work I'm in love with this setup but having to POWER DOWN.... not just restart... but physically remove from power.... the artist series units with a full restart required each time.... two to three times a day in front of paying clients has finally done it for me. The saddest part of this is that I am probably going to have to settle for controllers with far less functional potential. I just don't get it.... I see kids playing insane video games from hundreds of miles away with negligible latency on 400 dollar consoles but AVID can't make these controllers stable in any sense of the word. Don't dare turn one of them off and expect the others to keep functioning, don't even consider switching back and forth between Pro Tools 10 and 11 without a full power down and restart... as a matter of fact if you get them running don't you dare exit Pro Tools at all until you have to, chances are you'll need a power down and restart! Absolutely insane. It's times like this when you wish the ambulance chasers would direct their class action lawsuits towards other industries. These units are false advertising in the purest sense of the word... and I am a loyal and dedicated Pro Tools user/AVID customer.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Done.

It is definitely a great looking setup!

Any chance you could share some system specs with us? PC? Mac? Which ethernet switch? How is your internet connected? etc.

Perhaps there is a common component in there that could be linked to system conflicts in other peoples systems as well.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:38 PM

He's on a mac or at least that's what he wrote in his profile. Good question on the rest though.

Wave-T.com
Old 07-28-2014, 08:18 PM

3.33ghz 2010 mac pro 24gb RAM. I'm not sure which ethernet switch I am using... I can crawl under there and check it out later. It was a "nice" one though, bought specifically for this purpose.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:19 PM

Oh and my internet to that machine is wi-fi and turned off most of the time. The router is an airport extreme.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:44 AM

Are you plugging your artist controllers into the AirPort Extreme?
Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 AM

That is a very nice rig!!!!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 07-29-2014, 11:35 AM

indeed looks beautiful, and cost a ton but if it doesn't work that makes it a big pile of refuse......

I love my control....and I will take a mix off your hands if the price is right....

Cheers.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C52382P View Post
After all of this time I simply can't believe that AVID refuses to care about its artist series customers. This is my pretty amazing rig, well in theory pretty amazing. Whenever eucontrol decides to work I'm in love with this setup but having to POWER DOWN.... not just restart... but physically remove from power.... the artist series units with a full restart required each time.... two to three times a day in front of paying clients has finally done it for me. The saddest part of this is that I am probably going to have to settle for controllers with far less functional potential. I just don't get it.... I see kids playing insane video games from hundreds of miles away with negligible latency on 400 dollar consoles but AVID can't make these controllers stable in any sense of the word. Don't dare turn one of them off and expect the others to keep functioning, don't even consider switching back and forth between Pro Tools 10 and 11 without a full power down and restart... as a matter of fact if you get them running don't you dare exit Pro Tools at all until you have to, chances are you'll need a power down and restart! Absolutely insane. It's times like this when you wish the ambulance chasers would direct their class action lawsuits towards other industries. These units are false advertising in the purest sense of the word... and I am a loyal and dedicated Pro Tools user/AVID customer.

Yeah, I returned my Artist Control and Mix for the same reason. Total kludge fest. Eucon is just that, a real con. Worst implementation ever. I shelled out the bucks and picked up a D-Command ES new in the box with 2 year warranty.. It's freakin awesome and rock solid.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketCase View Post
Are you plugging your artist controllers into the AirPort Extreme?
No, of course not. Directly to the mac pro, ethernet port one. I was just mentioning the router on the off chance that anyone knew of some weird problem that might be caused by the airport on the rare occasions that the wifi on the mac pro is turned on. I am not sure if the airport card and the ethernet controller in the computer are connected in some fashion.